Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weekend MIL post

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Liz
  • 39 Replies

I will be checking here to bitch about the various things my MIL does that annoys me.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Just 15 minutes ago, Naseem was making a kissy face to me because he wanted me to go over to where he was so I could kiss him.

My MIL ducks right down in front of him and says "Oh you want to give Grandma a kiss?" and presses her cheek to his mouth.

He whined and she was like "Oh you want to give Mommy a kiss too?"

No, he wanted to give just me a kiss.

Grrr.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:58 PM

If it wasn't for the fact that Naiya has a check in time for 8:00 tomorrow at her cheer competition, she would not be here...oh and the fact that my SD is coming for the weekend.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Why does she answer when the kids say "Mommy"

She's not their mother.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:47 PM

And why does she try to get Nadir's attention while he's engrossed in something else? He doesn't care about the squirrels on the deck...and even if he did, he's going to cause a scene when it's time to go to bed and he doesn't get to finish what he was doing.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Man, I'm glad she's going home on Sunday.

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Girl, SAY SOMETHING!!

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Girl, SAY SOMETHING!!

Hey! How are you? How's the baby?

I would but I'm pretty sure I would end up offending both her and my husband. His mother can do no wrong...and if she does, only he can call it out.

This post is purely for everyone else's entertainment.

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Baby is good! Growing exponentially!!! I totally understand about the MIL.... Vent on... Im listening... :)

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Hug... Maybe she means well?
I remember one time i was folding laundry and my mil ( visiting) took over. All i thought was " um, i can fold laundry." Thinking she thought i didn't do it right. Meanwhile on her death bed she told me that she wished i would have let her b more of a mom to me .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SamMom912:

Hug... Maybe she means well?
I remember one time i was folding laundry and my mil ( visiting) took over. All i thought was " um, i can fold laundry." Thinking she thought i didn't do it right. Meanwhile on her death bed she told me that she wished i would have let her b more of a mom to me .

Oh I know she means no ill will...it's just that we have a routine and a certain way of doing things. Sometimes she adds more stress to certain situations. I don't mind help...if I ask you to do it. Otherwise, when one of the kids calls "Mommy" I'll answer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)