Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

edit: can you figure out what the author is saying?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:29 AM
  • 10 Replies

Seriously, no school for the kids today...got over a foot of snow last night...but yet once again NO snow day used. I am supposed to be heading in to work today however I am still buried in snow. (snow day for me?)

So the above girlfriend who is a county north of me; got dumped on last night (Sunday to Monday) with snow. It is enough that if today wasn't already a day off for the kids, they would have NO school. However, just like the last snow storm (between Christmas and New Years) no school already. Yet, she is suppose to work today, and needs to unbury her car. 

The reason I asked if anyone could get that... was because she has the proverbial blonde asking " what they didn't have today off for teh Holiday?" The after getting OP's comment wanted to know why "they are using a snow day on a day off."

Wife to John; Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex;
Full time Aunt to Carly-Ann.

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:51 PM
2 moms liked this

The author of this post is saying "Oh my god, I'm stuck home with these kids who are driving me crazy and I might not be able to get away to my job that will provide a little of bit of peace (yes, there will be more peace at the fire house than there is at home!!)."

Am I right?

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:03 PM

WHAT?! you got over a foot of snow last night??? We got NOTHING...none! They said we were supposed to get 3-5 but the lake effect band stayed just north of us and we got nothing. I heard it was really bad on 81 last night. I've seen cars all day with lots of snow on them, but no snow here or North Syracuse. Close to half an inch today.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:32 PM

It reads even though theres a snow day for school and im supposed to work.. Looks like im staying home with the kiddos cause im stuck in the snow.

You dont have a holiday today? 

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:40 PM

You got lots of snow last night and probably would have used a snow day today, but no school because of MLK day today. B'ville rarely uses snow days. Your driveway and vehicle are still covered in snow and the kids are home, but you have to go in to work. You wish you had a snow day since you're covered in snow, but that probably won't stop you.

Jillysmom
Can someone tell me how to change my kids picture,please
Today at 2:40 PM
by Adele on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:50 PM

sounds good to me

Quoting lizmarie1975:

The author of this post is saying "Oh my god, I'm stuck home with these kids who are driving me crazy and I might not be able to get away to my job that will provide a little of bit of peace (yes, there will be more peace at the fire house than there is at home!!)."

Am I right?

Jillysmom
by Adele on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:50 PM

We got snow but once again nothing stuck

Kmary
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:58 PM

We were disappointed in the lack of snow here in DeWitt, but we made the best of it.  My boys and I went for a bike ride this morning.  Yes outside in the 20 degree weather.  Not sure if we're awesome or crazy...but they loved it and it felt good to get some fresh air. 

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:09 PM

the sentance is a friend of mines status from this morning

just north of us in Oswego County

Quoting lish2127:

WHAT?! you got over a foot of snow last night??? We got NOTHING...none! They said we were supposed to get 3-5 but the lake effect band stayed just north of us and we got nothing. I heard it was really bad on 81 last night. I've seen cars all day with lots of snow on them, but no snow here or North Syracuse. Close to half an inch today.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:38 PM

I honestly scratched my head reading that all the while thinking what the hell.

We got about 5 inches of snow today. Enough to slop up the roads on the way home from work.

Jillysmom
by Adele on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:53 PM

lol, got to love those kind of thinkers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)