Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

felt like a tourist in NYC

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:01 PM
  • 7 Replies

so i have lived in the NYC area my entire life - Rockland County till 1994ish and in Brooklyn from 94ish till 2003.

i stopped working in NYC in 2003, i go into the city about once a year (i know pathetic huh? i live on LI (20 min by car to NYC)

anyway... we decided to go see Daddy at work today, last minute thing, met up with DDs godmother (she lives in NYC) and we had a blast, we took the subway, went to the park, had lunch, took lots of photos.

felt like such a tourist.  it was nice.

it was beautiful out today too, not too cold.

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:35 PM
I'm glad you had a nice day out.
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Ssounds like a nice day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Fun! Sound slike you ha d a super nice day, being a visitor in your own city! Lol

I know, the city is so close, yet so far sometimes. I love when we go in for the day and do tourist things... Museums, circle line... Etc. ive been on the big apple tour (double decker tour) at least 20 times and was born and bred here in NY... Bt it is a great thing to do when freinds or family come to visit NY for first time. 

grammarpolice
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I live on L.I also (mid Suffolk) but almost never go. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been to the city in the past 20 years.

CreziaMommyTo2
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:48 PM

i never did the dble decker tour but i did get to ride on the bus when i attended the Austin Powers Premire (the one with Beyonce), yes it was that long ago.

Quoting SamMom912:

Fun! Sound slike you ha d a super nice day, being a visitor in your own city! Lol

I know, the city is so close, yet so far sometimes. I love when we go in for the day and do tourist things... Museums, circle line... Etc. ive been on the big apple tour (double decker tour) at least 20 times and was born and bred here in NY... Bt it is a great thing to do when freinds or family come to visit NY for first time. 

CreziaMommyTo2
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:50 PM

south shore nassau, but i am not far from suffolk either.  i miss it, now that DS is older, he is a little more managable... DD is a breeze... but DS is a flight risk (ASD) so i always had to have at least 4 sets of eyes on him.  my goal is to go every friday after school during the summer.

Quoting grammarpolice:

I live on L.I also (mid Suffolk) but almost never go. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been to the city in the past 20 years.

lovegrandbaby
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:08 PM

I live in central new york state, never been to the big apple and really never had a desire to.  Not sure why really.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN