Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

oh yes that stopped my heart

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:43 AM
  • 8 Replies

5:50 John's cell phone is ringing from the bathroom vanitiy. 

I wake-up with full intent on ignoring it thinking that it is the schools calling to say "delay/closed" only I realize that it is the ONLY one ringing. 

I roll over, get up and grab it. Unlock it, and it's his supervisor. 

Now I look out my front window and I can see his tire tracks out the driveway; and my street looks like crap. I can vaguely make out where they plowed, but it's too cold for the road salt to be effective. 

I am sitting there debating what to do, when  text comes in. So I unlock it, it's teh supervisor so I open it. "just got up, running late"

my reply: "it's steph, he left hsi phone home."

I can't tell you how long it was before I fell back to sleep. 

Wife to John; Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex;
Full time Aunt to Carly-Ann.

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Kmary
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:46 AM

That would be alarming.  For us, the weirdest part of all would be my husband leaving without his phone.  It's pretty much his adult version of a security blanket and he needs it for work, even when he's at work.  It's pretty much glued to his body...

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Quoting Kmary:

That would be alarming.  For us, the weirdest part of all would be my husband leaving without his phone.  It's pretty much his adult version of a security blanket and he needs it for work, even when he's at work.  It's pretty much glued to his body...

he needs his work. if the radio system goes down he is suppose to use his cell phone. plus it gets all of his emails etc on it. 

he won't ask me to drive it out to him today because of the weather.

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:01 AM

My DH slept through an alarm call two nights ago and I didn't hear his phone either. The front doors of his store had come off the track earlier and someone other than DH fixed them. Well at about midnight that very windy night they somehow blew off track again and opened. Just the outside doors. The inside doors still locked and alarmed. The alarm company calls DH, the police are alerted and respond...DH was so tired and was sleeping on the couch so didn't check his phone until 4am WHICH HAPPENED TO BE WHEN I FINALLY GOT SICK DD TO SLEEP AND WENT TO BED. So he got up and went in then and the cops were still there with a K9 and everything.

Mom2BandCJ
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:08 AM

That would scare me!

I HATE when DH leaves his phone home!

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Hubbys phone is gluded to his side as well..and lucky me, his company is 24/7... so they pretty much have no respect or boundaries when it comes to using his number. Occassionally, I can get him to put it on vibrate... so sometimes it doesnt wake me. most times it does... and the ONE time he DID leave it home, I met him 1/2 way. Sam was about 1 year old... so I did it during naptime. LOL

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SamMom912:

Hubbys phone is gluded to his side as well..and lucky me, his company is 24/7... so they pretty much have no respect or boundaries when it comes to using his number. Occassionally, I can get him to put it on vibrate... so sometimes it doesnt wake me. most times it does... and the ONE time he DID leave it home, I met him 1/2 way. Sam was about 1 year old... so I did it during naptime. LOL

there are no boundries, I don't get why J called John. John's not a supervisor at W. It made more sense when he was at N, and a director. 

My personal fav. no boundry.... When they had the shooting of a Police Officer in New hartford (pre 2010 as we were still in the big bedroom); phone rings at 3am. I answer it as it's on my side of the bed (why is that?). It's his boss, "Is John home?" I don't know... lol I really didn't know if John was home or out on a fire call. He was home, and they needed him to go into work to put the helicopter in service for the search. 

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Quoting SamMom912:

I hate that.Derek's boss will call anytime of the day. My emails not working. Or he gets an email my phone broke lost it whatever, I need a new one...I'm thinking of upgrading my home computer set up. His one supervisor has called because she can't figure out how to  use her camera on her smart phone. Ridiculous that since it's a computer issue they feel like it's a part of his job description. 

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I KNOW... youd think they'd respect family time more. grrrr.. you dont OWN him... you supposedly rent him for 60 hours a week.. leave him alone for the rest!

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

Quoting SamMom912:

I hate that.Derek's boss will call anytime of the day. My emails not working. Or he gets an email my phone broke lost it whatever, I need a new one...I'm thinking of upgrading my home computer set up. His one supervisor has called because she can't figure out how to  use her camera on her smart phone. Ridiculous that since it's a computer issue they feel like it's a part of his job description. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)