Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

We are all familiar with the phrase "Murphy's Law"......

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:01 AM
  • 11 Replies

So what "Murphy's Laws" hold true in your households? 

I will share mine in a little bit.

Wife to John; Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex;
Full time Aunt to Carly-Ann.

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, I started up my Keurig, turned away for a couple of minutes to put some stuff in the fridge and when I looked back at the machine...there was coffee everywhere. It took a couple of seconds to register that I had neglected to put a coffee cup on to catch the coffee.

That was fun.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:13 PM

1. If we go near Carousel Center (now Destiny USA) we will get a fire a call. We can DAYS without an alarm, but no fail every mall trip. In 2001 that turned out to be a benefit. As John turned around to go on the call, and then we went to the mall after. Where we parked we went in by the resturant, and all of a sudden I hear a Squeel and a girl I hadn't seen since I graduated came flying out of Pizzaria Uno's. ALthough usually I am standing in line at Starbucks when we get a call. 

2. If I strip Carly's been on a Thursday to wash it. With the thinking that I have until Sunday to get it done, her Mom will call that they can't take her (today is no different). I did it today because I couldn't remember teh last time I washed her bedding and her's is the I usually wash weekly.

hold on I have more.... lol

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:27 PM

We can never play with Sams friend N. N plays lacrosse at 6. Has Lax practice mwf, has religion on tuesdays and that means ONLY thursdays can we play. We were supposed to play the thursday before xmas, but N gt sick. We rescheduled for today... And i get a phone call from the school nurse... Sam has a fever of 101. No school today... No school tomorrow. But more important.,, have to xll N

Sat night we have plans... My guess is THOSE will be xlled too.. But i am going to hold out for as long as i can on that one... 

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Ive done that too! Ugh! 

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Well, I started up my Keurig, turned away for a couple of minutes to put some stuff in the fridge and when I looked back at the machine...there was coffee everywhere. It took a couple of seconds to register that I had neglected to put a coffee cup on to catch the coffee.

That was fun.

Kmary
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:37 PM

My kids and I rarely get sick.  Almost never.  We're very lucky.  But the only times they do get sick is when my dh is traveling out of town for work.  It never fails.  I swear the germs know that I'm going to be the only adult in the  house for several days and wait to invade my children's bodies.  It's become a joke in the house when Kevin has an upcoming business trip...like I wonder what illness they'll get in March when he has to go to Rhode Island for a week?

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Mine is if I have no evening plans my kids and husband are all asleep by 8. When I make plans and would be easier to have them all asleep when I leave around 8, they are all wide awake and cranky. Which makes for a cranky husband as he hates when I go outN which is why I always say never before 8!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:09 PM

do I know the feeling. 
The kids had stomach virus while John was on overnights. They staggered it so that no one was sick when he was home, but once be went back two nights later the next one had gone down. 

Quoting Kmary:

My kids and I rarely get sick.  Almost never.  We're very lucky.  But the only times they do get sick is when my dh is traveling out of town for work.  It never fails.  I swear the germs know that I'm going to be the only adult in the  house for several days and wait to invade my children's bodies.  It's become a joke in the house when Kevin has an upcoming business trip...like I wonder what illness they'll get in March when he has to go to Rhode Island for a week?

Wife to John; Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex;
Full time Aunt to Carly-Ann.

Emschick38
by Ali on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:33 AM
The phone will ring when i get in the shower. And Dd will bring methe phone in the shower
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suetoo
by Sue on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Every one of them. Husband's great,great,great uncle wrote the book, the sequel, and the updated, updates! :-)

midjet117
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:02 PM
When it's dinner time the kids aren't hungry. Once its bedtime. they aremagically. starved children. it never fails
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)