Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

i don't have active service with them yet and already i don't recommend them

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:27 PM
  • 14 Replies
My husband decided he wants internet again and decided to try verizon. They mailed us a wireless router, and scheduled us for yesterday, the 25th. Their system called and verified 3, times that someone was coming out yesterday. I called them @ 4:15 to find out when the guy was coming. They said oh he's on his way. Well 6:00 comes around and still no tech. My husband's calls. They told him the guy showed up and there's no line of sight. Um excuse me, we didn't see no tech, the man never came to my door, nothing!!! And to top it off, now i have to wait another week for another tech to MAYBE make an appearance. That s flat out bs.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kmary
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Ugh I've  heard that about them lately.  We got Fios about a year ago and they were super nice, efficient, on time and we have nothing bad to say, but lately we've heard other stories like yours.  My dh, who works in the technology field and knows some of the guys there, basically said they're having growing pains.  They're expanding faster than they can keep up with properly.  Not excusing that behavior.  Hope they get it in soon for you!

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Ive heard that too.. I ve also heard complaints about after 12 months them raising your rates.
Best of luck to you!!!

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Yeah we just had a raise in price also. Can't complain too much about the service and hook up was ok but verizon is extremely expesnive for both tthe cell phone and fios stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
staci328
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:55 PM

I have heard about Fios before but didn't know to much about them. are they expensive? I may change my ISP.

Quoting Kmary:

Ugh I've  heard that about them lately.  We got Fios about a year ago and they were super nice, efficient, on time and we have nothing bad to say, but lately we've heard other stories like yours.  My dh, who works in the technology field and knows some of the guys there, basically said they're having growing pains.  They're expanding faster than they can keep up with properly.  Not excusing that behavior.  Hope they get it in soon for you!

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:26 PM

We have Fios because TimeWarner is completly screwed up. Well at least our bill. They had my cable and phone billed and my internet seperate. 

Anyway, I knew I had a promotional rate and that my bill was going up after 2 yrs. Then I called and had some things changed to bring it back to manageable. 

The tech who did my 1st install 6 yrs ago was fantastic, then we went back to TW, and when I switched again 3 yrs ago.... the girl who did the install didn't know what she was doing. 

Overall I am happy.

midjet117
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Personally id take time warner over Verizon at this point. at least they show up and do their jobs.

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

We have Fios because TimeWarner is completly screwed up. Well at least our bill. They had my cable and phone billed and my internet seperate. 

Anyway, I knew I had a promotional rate and that my bill was going up after 2 yrs. Then I called and had some things changed to bring it back to manageable. 

The tech who did my 1st install 6 yrs ago was fantastic, then we went back to TW, and when I switched again 3 yrs ago.... the girl who did the install didn't know what she was doing. 

Overall I am happy.

Bethy16
by Beth on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:12 AM
My husband works for Verizon. He hates the techs and the bs they pull
But we love FiOS and if we have a problem it gets fixed quickly ;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
midjet117
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Lol must be nice, tellhim to send someone my way

Quoting Bethy16:

Bethy16
by Beth on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:18 PM
We "test" everything from our house so of it goes down he technically can't work lol but honestly we never have a problem once you get up and running.

Quoting midjet117:

Lol must be nice, tellhim to send someone my way

Quoting Bethy16:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:49 PM

I haven't heard that about FIOS. But I can tell you this much. I will never ever go back to Time Warner. Shitty cable boxes, shitty picture, shitty customer service, just Shitty Warner. I've been with Fios for 3 years and couldn't be happier!

My picture is awesome, my internet never goes down, super fast internet, 

My install tech was awesome. Was here on time, called a few minutes before he came. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN