Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

De germing ur house?

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:19 AM
  • 14 Replies
What do you do to decontaminate after a sickness in your house?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:31 AM

I don't......

I go about the normal housework. Once in awhile I will use disinfecting wipes on the doors knobs... but in all honesty I only remembered to do that when one of the kids was too little to puke in a designated place...... 

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:42 AM
I use hospital grade spray stuff. Kind of like lysol but stronger.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lish2127
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:48 AM

I clean the bathrooms often and wash their sheets and blankets. I might spray the couch and pillows if they spent a lot of time there. That's about it. 

Bethy16
by Beth on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I did it yesterday. All beds were stripped and washed in hot water. I wiped my entire house does with Lysol wipes. I sprayed Lysol all over that couldn't be wiped. Everybody got new tooth brushes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmary
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I do normal house cleaning.  I'm not big into anti-bacterial stuff all over my house.   I have this sneaking suspicion that the sick germs are safer for your body than that stuff on everything...

I will, however, wash bedsheets even if it isn't the "normal" day of the week that I change sheets.  Things like that.  But I do not spray Lysol all over.  Mostly I work harder at caring for our bodies.  Like upping our water intake, washing our hands more often like we should, eating extra healthy.  Stuff like that. 

Hope you're on the mend soon!

MELRN
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

open windows  get good cross winds in the house   I clean with bleach (and my green friends hate me)   and I baking soda anything I can't bleach-- 

Jillysmom
by Adele on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Lysol wipe things and if I'm going to be out for some hours Mike will bleach things (I cant breath around it)

Jillysmom
by Adele on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I have to say I lysol my bus now every friday along with hitting the hand rails with santizer

Emschick38
by Ali on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:21 PM

I clean with vinegar everyday so I dont worry about when kids get sick. I just follow my normal cleaning routine.

powow65
by Kim on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Once we get a washer/dryer I'll gladly start washing more often than once a week.

Quoting lish2127:

I clean the bathrooms often and wash their sheets and blankets. I might spray the couch and pillows if they spent a lot of time there. That's about it. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)