Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Holy cannoli!

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:38 AM
  • 17 Replies

We're having a girl!  Which is very exciting news for two reasons:  First,  we have 2 beautiful boys already and second, last night I dreamt I was pregnant with a dog...so really anything human was good to hear :-) 

This is kind of  a big deal.  My family seems to have trouble making females.  I have only brothers, only sons so far, and out of 9 nieces and nephews, 7 are boys.   Baby looks perfect in every way.  At least that's what the sono tech told me.  Those things look like ink blot tests to me.  Haha! 

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:01 PM

LMAO at the dog part.

Congratulations.... I know the boy feeling. There are 29 yrs between my niece and I.... we are the only 2 girls.

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Congrats! I was super excite to find out our 3rd was a girl because we had 2 boyys also
Glad she looks healthy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emschick38
by Ali on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Yay for girls! we have three. so we are hoping baby number 4 is a boy. 

funny story that you just reminded me of. When I was pregnant with DD2, DD1 was 8 years old. We asked her if she wanted to have a brother or a sister. She told us she wanted me to have a puppy. The whole pregnancy she would tell everyone "I want mommy to have a puppy!" LOL so I would have dreams of having puppies. 

Muffins89
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Congrats! I have 2 girls. My family is the opposite.. We have no luck making any boys haha. No nephews or brothers here.

And lol at the dog part. Must have been a crazy dream lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:49 PM

LOL, congratulations!

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Awesome news! So exciting... 

Maybe subconsciously you were hoping for a dog.. No college, crates as babysitter and dogs never talk back... (ok, my dog talked back, she had a bit of an attitude being puerto rican, but it was cute when she did it!) 

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:29 PM
2 moms liked this

And kmary... Your post title is quite off,,, 

There is NO CANNOLI... Shes a girl! Your apple has no stem... No cannolis... No tubular exterior junk at all... GIRL... One sweet cute precious girl! :) 

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Quoting SamMom912:

And kmary... Your post title is quite off,,, 

There is NO CANNOLI... Shes a girl! Your apple has no stem... No cannolis... No tubular exterior junk at all... GIRL... One sweet cute precious girl! :) 

i just laughed. it reminded me of my uncle looking at the inital "make sure the baby is where it belongs" sono pic of Alex.... he looked at the blobs and said "I have a good feeling this is my little girl, I don't see a handle." 

Wife to John; Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex;
Full time Aunt to Carly-Ann.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

COngratulations! I'm glad you're not having a dog. That honestly made me laugh out loud!

elwalters77
by Erica on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Yay! Congratulations!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN