Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

They got haircuts!

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Liz
  • 13 Replies

I had made an appt only for Naseem because I figured Nadir would want nothing to do with it. I was right, however, the lady was like "let's at least try." So we talked him into sitting in the chair with my ipad and while he played games she cut his hair. By the very end, he was so itchy that we had to take his shirt off and he just wore his jacket out to the car.

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:23 PM

How handsome are those cutie pies?? 

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Awe they're getting so big
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovegrandbaby
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:17 PM

very handsome little ones.  Some of my grandkids have autism and sensory issues - the only place that we could take them to get haircuts is Snip Its - they have the best stylists to deal with children.  It takes a special person to work with children getting their haircuts.  They are always busy there too

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Our local snip its closed. I now drive 25 minutes to the next closest one. They are good there, but whew, to drive for an hour to get my kids haircut.... And sometimes have to wait, just kills me! 

Quoting lovegrandbaby:

very handsome little ones.  Some of my grandkids have autism and sensory issues - the only place that we could take them to get haircuts is Snip Its - they have the best stylists to deal with children.  It takes a special person to work with children getting their haircuts.  They are always busy there too

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:08 PM
I take them to the lady that cuts my hair. She has a spectrum son so she's used to dealing with wiggly uncooperative kids.

The only unfortunate thing is that I pay salon prices...not barber shop prices

Quoting SamMom912:

Our local snip its closed. I now drive 25 minutes to the next closest one. They are good there, but whew, to drive for an hour to get my kids haircut.... And sometimes have to wait, just kills me! 

Quoting lovegrandbaby:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:14 PM

I don't know if the "local" Snip-it's is still open. John checked the prices when he worked out that way, and laughed. 

We pay $9 for the barber with tip..... I will say Ron has been great with wiggly little boys over the years.

Quoting SamMom912:

Quoting lovegrandbaby:

Wife to John; Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex;
Full time Aunt to Carly-Ann.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Snip its is 19 for a boys buzz cut plus the 5 dollar tip for enduring dealing with Sam. Add in the hour drive, gas there and usually a 30 minute wait... In addition, since it IS so hard on him, there usually is a reward for sitting there.l. 8-15 dollar toy at nearby target, toysr us  or walmart. 

Quoting lizmarie1975:

I take them to the lady that cuts my hair. She has a spectrum son so she's used to dealing with wiggly uncooperative kids.

The only unfortunate thing is that I pay salon prices...not barber shop prices

Quoting SamMom912:

Quoting lovegrandbaby:

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Liz, you have some awfully beautiful kids!

elwalters77
by Erica on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:43 PM
You have such beautiful children!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jillysmom
by Adele on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:06 PM

they just keep getting cuter

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN