Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Our JR High is screwed up!

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:04 AM
  • 3 Replies

I get this email today:

Quote:

At approximately 7:00 this morning, our maintenance department was notified that heat was not circulating in parts of the building.  They investigated the problem and determined that a valve was stuck preventing heat from circulating to the classrooms.  Students were directed to keep their coats on as they entered the building at 7:35 a.m.

The problem was fixed at approximately 7:45 a.m.  An inspection of classrooms at 8:10 a.m. showed that temperatures were between 68 – 72 degrees.

Whatever, I am not really concerned. Something stuck and the heating system didn't work for 15 min. I realize that teh message was sent out because of the kids going home saying "we had to keep our coats on, the heat wasn't working" and parents in a total outrage. 

My problem is that it seems to be some of the "are you serious" that they share with us. 

We got an email in the fall that a 2012 graduate committed suicide and that counsleor were avail for students. Well, hello that 8th graders were in the middle school, and aside from the small handful of 9th graders that may have rode the bus with the kid in 8th grade (not likely as he lived in the walk zone) was this necessary?

Wife to John; Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex;
Full time Aunt to Carly-Ann.

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Jillysmom
Went to up date Jillian's picture and lost all my kids somehow?
Yesterday at 11:17 AM
by Adele on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:32 AM

they seem to share too much of the non important stuff and not enough of the stuff we need to know.

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:15 PM
That was a waste of an email.
We got a call today ttelling us a letter went home regarding the new feb school schedule but no mention of what the schedule was. Would've been better to simply state on the message what the new schedule was. What a waste of paper as 95% of the kids won't give the parents the paper anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovegrandbaby
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:26 AM

that's because there are some parents who have a "stroke" over everything.  No wonder our kids are so screwed up these days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)