Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Okay Moms' I would love your 2 cents......

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:12 PM
  • 12 Replies

As you regulars know... Garrett now 13, CJ now 10 and Alex now 5 love to run. Races.... 

G has done 7 - 5K's; 2 - 3K's (this is just since October 2011; and not including any of the school races he has done)

C has done 2 - 5K's; and 2 -3K's, this is since May 2012. 

A has done 1 - 3K fun walk; and 2 - 1 mile fun runs. (this is since June 2012)

The first races of this year:

- 3K for G and C and a mile for A will be $43

- 5K for G and C and a mile for A will be $58

-the one that I think the team is covering with their fundraising will be $25 each for 2 5K's and a 3K fun walk/run as the kiddie thing is 5 and under and it's a caterpillar crawl... which means my bad knee will do a 3K (and I will pay my way if the team covers the kids). 

That is not including: The Carol Baldwin a Run for Their Lives 5K; The Turkey Day Trott; Arc of Onondaga; and It's a Wonderful Run....... Which are in the fall. 

So back to the topic: You ladies know I have storage issues with my house being the size it is. I don't have room for stuff. 

So would it be tacky to let people know that the kids might enjoy cash for their Birthday's etc? Obviously I can tell the family taht. What about the "friend parties?"

As Garrett's Birthday will be celebrated next month. 

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jennifair
by Jen on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I know I always ask the moms and kids if there is something specail that they are hoping for. I'd say if they ask just tell them , they'd like money to go towards the races that they want to be a part of. 

whitewinterose
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:57 PM
I have to agree. If someone asks, then you can say they would prefer money to sponsor their races that they love to do!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
robynjavan7104
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:23 AM
I would say they have a lot of races that are coming up and need people to sponser them.
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Quoting robynjavan7104:

I would say they have a lot of races that are coming up and need people to sponser them.

I budget for two of them automatically. Garrett ran the ignarual races for Runapalooza and the Carol Baldwin. So he has asked to do them annually, as long as he can run. 

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

You could def. include a little "in lieu of gifts, garrett has asked for donations to his "marathon" run and then mention what the run is for etc... 

elwalters77
by Erica on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:20 PM

I say if someone asks, then go ahead and tell them cash is best.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Quoting SamMom912:

You could def. include a little "in lieu of gifts, garrett has asked for donations to his "marathon" run and then mention what the run is for etc... 

That I can do. 

robynjavan7104
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Oh okay, then you could say it would mean a lot to them if you gave them cash to go to whatever charity they're running for.

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Quoting robynjavan7104:

I budget for two of them automatically. Garrett ran the ignarual races for Runapalooza and the Carol Baldwin. So he has asked to do them annually, as long as he can run. 

Jillysmom
by Adele on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:24 AM
I agree with the ladies,I know I would be more then happy to do this if I saw this on a kids invite. WTF boys
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennifair
by Jen on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:37 AM

WTG boys. I think she means lol 

Quoting Jillysmom:

I agree with the ladies,I know I would be more then happy to do this if I saw this on a kids invite. WTF boys

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN