Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pink eye sucks! ((crappy up-date.))

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Kim
  • 16 Replies
:((
Yep. This whole week she'll be out of school. I am gonna call school today & let them know 2days she has to take the med's every 2hours than 3days for every 4hours.

((up-date)) talked to DD's teacher (found out why DD got pink eye.) one of the parents won't get med's for their kids poor eyes!
Also ALOT of kids had to stay home most of this week.
The teacher DID talk to that certain parent of the child & asked, "can you get med's for your child?" than the parent yelling & tellin off my poor old DD's teacher (no litterly she looks like she's in her late 50's near 60's.)
Why would you NOT help your child get better?! (I guess they like they're poor kid to become blind.) **sigh**

Time to teach DD to use hand sanitizer while at school. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:30 AM

most pink eye meds are 2 to 3 times a day for the drops

when she gets up

when she gets home

before bed

the last two are a little close, but after her 3 doses she can go back to school.

powow65
by Kim on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:08 AM
The DR said the first 2days are every 2hours (hence no school) then on the 3rd day for 3days every 4hours.
It looks bad!
:(

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

when she gets up

when she gets home

before bed

the last two are a little close, but after her 3 doses she can go back to school.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizmarie1975
by Liz on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Poor kid.

Jessica45
by Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Pink eye definitely sucks.  I've gotten 6 times in both eyes.  It always spreading from one eye to the next.   My youngest had it once and my oldest has had it a couple times.  I've done the drops but find the oniment is easier to do so that's what my girls get.  

Both the drops & oniment are 3 times a day.  In the morning, after school and before bed. After 24 hours of taking it they are no long contagious and can go back to school.

Jillysmom
Can someone tell me how to change my kids picture,please
Today at 2:40 PM
by Adele on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:26 AM
I had it a few times and never had to stay home more them 24 hrs after needs starts
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:33 AM

with the way my boys have gotten pink eye, I have never heard of every 2 hrs. 

in order to have it at school she will need a Dr's note.

Quoting powow65:

The DR said the first 2days are every 2hours (hence no school) then on the 3rd day for 3days every 4hours.
It looks bad!
:(

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

when she gets up

when she gets home

before bed

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I was/am an ophthalmological tech for 15 yrs and never once had pink eye. All those cases a day, so I guess I'm lucky. Granted ill probably get it now for bragging I never had it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emschick38
by Ali on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:43 AM

When Abi and Anna had it the nurse at the pedi office said to squirt some breast milk in their eyes and bring them in the next day (I called at 440ish and the offie closed at 430) by the next day it was gone. I was amazed. the girls thought it was gross

I hope your DD feels better son.   And Kim make sure you are washing your hands. You dont want to catch it as well.

Kmary
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Yup.  I did the same thing once with my youngest.  It seriously disappeared after less than 24 hours.  I was astounded! 

Quoting Emschick38:

When Abi and Anna had it the nurse at the pedi office said to squirt some breast milk in their eyes and bring them in the next day (I called at 440ish and the offie closed at 430) by the next day it was gone. I was amazed. the girls thought it was gross

I hope your DD feels better son.   And Kim make sure you are washing your hands. You dont want to catch it as well.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Yeouch. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)