Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How would you do it? Answers in red

Posted by   + Show Post

I just got an invitation for someone having a birthday party for a 6 year old. invitation made me think a little bit.
So a question for all of you.
how early do you mail invitations out for a 5 to 7 year old birthday with no one coming from out of state?
how many days before the party do you want an RSVP?
I'll post with this invitation called for a little later.

Ok so it was my sister and the birthday is for my nephew and she mailed them out 7 weeks in advance.She wants the RSVP's by 4 weeks prior. (its a birthday party not a wedding) I would understand if she was having a party at somewhere like a catering hall,even Chuck e Cheese but its not its in the house with only a handful of kids invited. It's not even like she is getting a bounce house or clown, nothing that needs advance notice. Weird or just me?

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Replies (11-20):
Jillysmom
by Adele on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:03 AM

Sorry girls things have been rough here the last couple days. I will answer this and fill you in later.

LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:05 AM

ive always done it where i send out the invites 3 weeks in advance, and excpet rsvp by the week prior.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Sorry things have been rough. Here too. Full moon? 

Hang in there! 

Quoting Jillysmom:

Sorry girls things have been rough here the last couple days. I will answer this and fill you in later.

Jillysmom
by Adele on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Issues with Jillian and school and doing stupid things that are throwing the back out.

Quoting SamMom912:

Sorry things have been rough. Here too. Full moon? 

Hang in there! 

Quoting Jillysmom:

whitewinterose
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:12 AM
My son is going to be 4 Monday, and I sent the invites out two weeks in advance for his pre-school. I asked for a RSVP the day before. However I have yet to hear from any of them, but think they will go since they all went to another child's in the class.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jillysmom
by Adele on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

i usually want the rsvp by Thursday before the event. that gives me friday to shop

This is my thought too

Jillysmom
by Adele on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Quoting January1964:

I send out the invites one month in advance. I want an RSVP one week before the party.

rsvp a week ahead is good

Jillysmom
by Adele on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

my kids get sent out a month in advance. 

Is this for home parties or at places

Jillysmom
by Adele on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Quoting Emschick38:

I usually send them out about a month in advance. Since we dont ever invite more than 6-8 kids i dont often worry about RSVP

thats different

Jillysmom
by Adele on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Quoting SamMom912:

4 weeks invite goes out... And depending in the venue (location) anywhere from a week to 3 days before for rsvp. 

For my sons first birthday at restaurant we sent out invite 7 weeks in advance with rsvp 2 weeks before as restauant needed head count by x day to order food. It is also typically a busy time of year for people... So i wanted lots of notice. 

if having it at a revue or somewhere where food is being provided and head count is needed it's understandable

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)