Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

How would you do it? Answers in red

Posted by   + Show Post

I just got an invitation for someone having a birthday party for a 6 year old. invitation made me think a little bit.
So a question for all of you.
how early do you mail invitations out for a 5 to 7 year old birthday with no one coming from out of state?
how many days before the party do you want an RSVP?
I'll post with this invitation called for a little later.

Ok so it was my sister and the birthday is for my nephew and she mailed them out 7 weeks in advance.She wants the RSVP's by 4 weeks prior. (its a birthday party not a wedding) I would understand if she was having a party at somewhere like a catering hall,even Chuck e Cheese but its not its in the house with only a handful of kids invited. It's not even like she is getting a bounce house or clown, nothing that needs advance notice. Weird or just me?

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Replies (21-30):
Jillysmom
by Adele on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Quoting lish2127:

Most of the invites we have received are anywhere from 2-4 weeks ahead. Usually with the rsvp a week to 3 days before the event. Personally I'm last minute and get them out about 2 weeks ahead with rsvp wed before the weekend party. For my son's 7th bday I put the rsvp date Wed and still got calls on Fri with the party on Sat.

I have often gotten no rsvp and some show and some dont

Jillysmom
by Adele on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Quoting Kimmiky:

We just got invited to a party in about a week in a half . . . So I'll have two paydays and weekends to shop for a gift.  I think that is a reasonable amount of time.

to me a week and a half is short notice

Jillysmom
by Adele on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Quoting robynjavan7104:

invitations Usually go out 2-3 weeks before but I usually tell people about it about a month before.
I usually don't expect people to rsvp.

I often tell people too

Jillysmom
by Adele on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Quoting LoveMyLos:

ive always done it where i send out the invites 3 weeks in advance, and excpet rsvp by the week prior.

I think this is able the normal

Jillysmom
by Adele on Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Quoting whitewinterose:

My son is going to be 4 Monday, and I sent the invites out two weeks in advance for his pre-school. I asked for a RSVP the day before. However I have yet to hear from any of them, but think they will go since they all went to another child's in the class.

I find this so rude, it only takes a minute. Happy Birthday to him.

elwalters77
by Erica on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Yep. That's weird.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Both Hannahs birthday is May 6th. My twin nephews birthday is May 11. Add in mothers day and the month is complete. Oh and my bff's kids birthdays are in may as well.
Xaviers birthday is july 28, my sisters birthday is the 29 my nieces birthday is July 31 my nephews birthday is august 5 my other nephews birthday is August 6 Lily's birthday is the 13. My parents were married in August, my sister got married in August and Derek and I got married in August.

Quoting Jillysmom:

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

my kids get sent out a month in advance. 

Is this for home parties or at places

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
whitewinterose
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Thanks! This mommy is NOT ready!! Something about 4 with me!!

Quoting Jillysmom:

Quoting whitewinterose:

My son is going to be 4 Monday, and I sent the invites out two weeks in advance for his pre-school. I asked for a RSVP the day before. However I have yet to hear from any of them, but think they will go since they all went to another child's in the class.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jillysmom
by Adele on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Then that makes perfect sense, the only other thing around his is Mikes and its not like anything is done for it

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

Both Hannahs birthday is May 6th. My twin nephews birthday is May 11. Add in mothers day and the month is complete. Oh and my bff's kids birthdays are in may as well.

Xaviers birthday is july 28, my sisters birthday is the 29 my nieces birthday is July 31 my nephews birthday is august 5 my other nephews birthday is August 6 Lily's birthday is the 13. My parents were married in August, my sister got married in August and Derek and I got married in August.

Quoting Jillysmom:

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

my kids get sent out a month in advance. 

Is this for home parties or at places

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jillysmom
by Adele on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I know how you feel, some ages are hearder. I cried the night my baby turned 13.

Quoting whitewinterose:

Thanks! This mommy is NOT ready!! Something about 4 with me!!

Quoting Jillysmom:

Quoting whitewinterose:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)