Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

How would you do it? Answers in red

Posted by   + Show Post

I just got an invitation for someone having a birthday party for a 6 year old. invitation made me think a little bit.
So a question for all of you.
how early do you mail invitations out for a 5 to 7 year old birthday with no one coming from out of state?
how many days before the party do you want an RSVP?
I'll post with this invitation called for a little later.

Ok so it was my sister and the birthday is for my nephew and she mailed them out 7 weeks in advance.She wants the RSVP's by 4 weeks prior. (its a birthday party not a wedding) I would understand if she was having a party at somewhere like a catering hall,even Chuck e Cheese but its not its in the house with only a handful of kids invited. It's not even like she is getting a bounce house or clown, nothing that needs advance notice. Weird or just me?

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Replies (31-34):
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Hmm. Will it take her that long to save up for the party?

Jillysmom
by Adele on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:36 AM

No she has everything but the food already

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe she just wanted to be efficient? Who knows? People do things different ways. Only thing I truly see as being weird is wanting the RSVP so far in advance. It's not a wedding.

Quoting Jillysmom:

No she has everything but the food already

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

Kimmiky
by Kimmiky on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Quoting Jillysmom:

Quoting Kimmiky:

We just got invited to a party in about a week in a half . . . So I'll have two paydays and weekends to shop for a gift.  I think that is a reasonable amount of time.

to me a week and a half is short notice

I know, but when I did my party, I gave about the same notice, but in my defense, I was aiming for two weeks and for whatever reason I couldn't get the invitations done in time. 

Obviously for a bigger party or more formal party I would probably give more time however, we are talking about birthday parties for kindergardeners.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN