Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Yay or Nay for the Nemo Snow Storm?

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:39 AM
  • 23 Replies

Yay or Nay for the Upcoming Snow Storm?

Are you excited about the snow storm coming or not? How many inches are they predicting for your area?

snowgirl

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
joloveszumba1
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:46 AM

yay!!!  I"m happy about it, but I do have work this weekend....Not a fan of commuting in the snow.  

I'm on Long Island...

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:56 AM

One model says 8-14, another says 3-12 or somethine wierd. 

Is it over 6 hrs? or 36? As that makes a HUGE difference. 8-14 over 6 hrs is bad, plows can't keep up; but that amount over 36 hrs is nothing. 

No matter what I have 3 12-13 yr boys to take to soccer practice tomorrow, and B has that many to drive home (unless it is decided that my 4 wheel drive will do it). No matter what my regular grocery shopping is getting done this afternoon. 

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy!!!

Please please please don't close schools or daycare!

Naseem has a dr appt at 10:30 so I'm hoping to get him to that.

Naiya has gymnastics at 5:00 but I'm going to go ahead and assume that it will be cancelled. She's also supposed to have her 2nd grade activity night but I'm pretty sure that will be cancelled as well.

elwalters77
by Erica on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Meh, as long as I don't have to cancel my Kindermusik class tomorrow, I could really care less either way. I do like a storm though and I don't have any other urgent plans, so it's cool. We'll probably take the kids sledding again! They are saying anywhere from 3-9 inches here. Lots of conflicting weather reports.

elwalters77
by Erica on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Quoting joloveszumba1:

yay!!!  I"m happy about it, but I do have work this weekend....Not a fan of commuting in the snow.  

I'm on Long Island...

Welcome to the group!

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:03 PM
3 moms liked this
Its winter in NY! Its SUPPOSED to snow! I love snow. I hope it comes and hits us HARD! I want snowmen and forts and sledding. And snowball fights! Snow angels. I
Is it a pain to drive in? Sure. Then don't drive. School activities will be cancelled, as will any other sporting event even if not school related. So unless you need to get to work there's no reason you need to drive in it. And do the emergency service workers a favor, stay off the road if you don't need to be out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lish2127
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Not a big deal. Been getting lots of snow here all winter...Feb is no exception. Doubt we'll get more than 4-6 inches here which is nothing.
lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Nay kids have doctor appointments. Dh and I are having a lunch date.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
grammarpolice
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Nay! I don't like it....our driveway is WAY too long...(On Long Island)

robynjavan7104
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Yay, I love snow but I just checked the weather and it says snow and rain which means it probably won't be that much:( or it will be all slushy like and that's not fun
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN