Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

I am not trying be be disrespectful. I mean no offense. 

I was curious if PA is something you can collect forever... Or is like unemployment? Is there a time limit or requirement? 

I just dont know anything aout it, and i read a lot of posts about people bashing people which i dont really understand... So i figured this was a safe group to ask. 

Thanks..and again, no dosrespect meant at all... 

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Replies (11-15):
remaining_me
by Kay on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:38 PM

To add to this, you can get it unemployed for 60 months, I believe. But I'm pretty sure if you have a job and and you still need the aid you can get it.

Quoting Jennifair:

Also you can only get temp assitance (which is tanf) for 60 months total. 

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

food stamps you can. Medicaid you can. as long as you qualify. Tanf you have to either be working or going through their job training and then fill out x amount of applications and if you don't find a job they give you one. Usually working at  food banks,senior citizen homes, salvation army, cleaning setting tables. sorting donated goods. even after they give you  job you're still required to fill out applications and go to their job training. I have known people who said f it that's too much work, and went and got a real job.

whitewinterose
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:02 PM
Certain counties are a lot worse off and acknowledge it in their ps office. Should be state wide but cost of living and jobs are not so. Insane!

Quoting Cecelia712:

Thats odd it variez by county. I could understand state but county seems crazy. A lot of extrs work for county government.

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

I am not sure. 

I think it varies County to County. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
whitewinterose
by Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Yes, I do believe you can. As long as you show you are still below the limit and trying to better your situation!

Quoting remaining_me:

To add to this, you can get it unemployed for 60 months, I believe. But I'm pretty sure if you have a job and and you still need the aid you can get it.

Quoting Jennifair:

Also you can only get temp assitance (which is tanf) for 60 months total. 

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

food stamps you can. Medicaid you can. as long as you qualify. Tanf you have to either be working or going through their job training and then fill out x amount of applications and if you don't find a job they give you one. Usually working at  food banks,senior citizen homes, salvation army, cleaning setting tables. sorting donated goods. even after they give you  job you're still required to fill out applications and go to their job training. I have known people who said f it that's too much work, and went and got a real job.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I'm not sure and my opinion could be offensive so I'll just say it seems to me that it's life long. Or at the very least generational.

Kmary
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:48 PM

No clue.  But these answers seem to make sense.   To my knowledge, it does vary and I have a hunch that the food stamps, in particular, have no limits.  As long as you qualify, you can get them for decades in theory.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)