Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

I love being a SAHM but....

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:56 PM
  • 14 Replies

I severely underestimated how tired I would be by the end of the day when I left the workforce. I thought I would wake up get ready for 'work' when I felt like it and casually get my chores done throughout the day in between DS naps and playtime before DD got off the bus at 4pm. *NOPE* Suddenly there is WAY more to do around the house and ten times the errands as when I worked!

Any other SAHM's feel this way?

teal ribbon ~Fragile X Awareness~       family car

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LovingMommyh00d
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely!! It's just never ending and get monotone! Make sure to make time for yourself too Hun!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JulieBoyd
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep, i do...thats exactly how i feel by day and i only have one 11 month old and then theres the messes hubby makes -_- i feel like i have two three year olds running around
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
happybabe
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I try to make a little bit of time each day to get on my social networks and catch up with people (or on here to vent :-P ) And SO makes sure he sends me away with my best friend every once in a while for a girls day/night. What do you do for some quality Mom time?

Quoting LovingMommyh00d:

Absolutely!! It's just never ending and get monotone! Make sure to make time for yourself too Hun!!

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Yeah, there is more work to do at home when you are a SAHM. it's 3 meals a day to make, do dishes and clean up after. It doesnt stay picked up because someone is constantly making a mess somewhere while you're trying to clean the other room. Laundry is not easy with toddlers following up and down stairs and "helping" to fold. It's not like there is much of a break at all.

LovingMommyh00d
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:21 AM
I also just had a baby 7 months ago so I was feeling a little crazy bc I couldn't do anything for myself! But now that she's more on a schedule I can leave her with our sitter and I've been going out with friends and catching up! I think it's important to get out a little just to "recharge!" I'm glad your husband is supporting you in having you time! I used to feel that if I took the kids with me for a Mani/ pedi I'd be good but even that has become stressful lol if you ever need to vent feel free to pm me!!

Quoting happybabe:

I try to make a little bit of time each day to get on my social networks and catch up with people (or on here to vent :-P ) And SO makes sure he sends me away with my best friend every once in a while for a girls day/night. What do you do for some quality Mom time?

Quoting LovingMommyh00d:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:39 AM

The housework is never ending. 
I often marvel at how my DH and I did it when we both worked.
Seeing how I can't keep up for nothing, but we have 5 kids that go from 17 to 5 with assorted activities.
I have asked my DH what we are going to do if I go back to work or school this fall.... as I think our house will fall apart. 

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I'm technically a work at home mom so I work 40 hours a week plus take care of all the household duties. My 2 little boys do go to daycare in for a few hours in the morning so I can keep my job.

Jillysmom
by Adele on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Sorry no answers as i'm a working out of the home mom and that sucks too

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Being a mom is never easy. Wethere it's a stay at home mom, work from home mom or full time working mom . We each have our chores and struggles. I wish us all luck and alone/girl time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kimmiky
by Kimmiky on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel your pain mama.  I recently realized that if I do three loads of laundry every morning before my son comes home, I will be able to have a "free" morning every tenth day . . . ah, if only there were ten day school weeks lol.  And any mom that gets a break ever should be super grateful to their hubbies, cause I haven't had a break since like, October.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)