Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love being a SAHM but....

Posted by   + Show Post

I severely underestimated how tired I would be by the end of the day when I left the workforce. I thought I would wake up get ready for 'work' when I felt like it and casually get my chores done throughout the day in between DS naps and playtime before DD got off the bus at 4pm. *NOPE* Suddenly there is WAY more to do around the house and ten times the errands as when I worked!

Any other SAHM's feel this way?

teal ribbon ~Fragile X Awareness~       family car

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Replies (11-14):
Numom61507
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this

My sister loves to tell me all the time "Oh you have no idea how tired I am right now. You don't work." I'm still amazed that people think all we do is sit on our asses and eat bon-bons all day! I blog to keep myself sane. I read books on my kindle app. I try and do at least a little something for myself each day to make sure I stay connected with myself. It's so easy to get consumed with everything that needs to get done. 

Kmary
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:18 AM
2 moms liked this

Ahh yes this is one of the best kept (or worst kept?) secrets of being a SAHM, particularly while kids are very little and at home with you all day.  I remember wandering longingly through my brother and SIL"s home and wondering how the hell they kept it so immaculately clean all the time since they both work a ton outside the home and have kids same ages as mine.  My SIL looked at me like I was a total dunce and said, "Karen, OF COURSE my house is way cleaner than yours.  My kids are at the babysitter all day messing up her house, not ours.   They eat 2 out of 3 meals there.  How could my house get messy?  We're never here to mess it up!" 

It was the nicest thing I'd ever heard anyone say :-)

happybabe
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:33 AM

I hear ya! I have had people I know say something along the same line! I didn't think I would be sitting around all day, but man I thought I would have gotten more breaks than when I punched a clock lol. But seriously, there have been too many people by my count that can't believe how I could be tired or how an errand doesn't get run until a day or two after I intended to sometimes. It is much harder than I thought when I was working full time with just one child.

Quoting Numom61507:

My sister loves to tell me all the time "Oh you have no idea how tired I am right now. You don't work." I'm still amazed that people think all we do is sit on our asses and eat bon-bons all day! I blog to keep myself sane. I read books on my kindle app. I try and do at least a little something for myself each day to make sure I stay connected with myself. It's so easy to get consumed with everything that needs to get done. 

teal ribbon ~Fragile X Awareness~       family car

Numom61507
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this

My SIL loves to complain about how she can't get anything done when she's off and her kid is home. I laugh and say "welcome to my world" and she always goes off telling me I have no idea what it's like. I would love to trade places with someone for a week so they can see how crazy it gets..

Quoting happybabe:

I hear ya! I have had people I know say something along the same line! I didn't think I would be sitting around all day, but man I thought I would have gotten more breaks than when I punched a clock lol. But seriously, there have been too many people by my count that can't believe how I could be tired or how an errand doesn't get run until a day or two after I intended to sometimes. It is much harder than I thought when I was working full time with just one child.

Quoting Numom61507:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)