Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

A word of advice

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Liz
  • 10 Replies
2 moms liked this

Never let your 7 year old daughter push the supermarket shopping cart. Why? Because when you get to the check out you will find things like:

Fake nails (child size)
Spongebob juice bottle
Peppermint patty
Two kids entertainment magazines
Yogurt (which wouldn't be bad but you JUST KNOW that she's not going to like the one she put in the cart)

I'm sure there was something else...

I was pulling things out and handing them off to the lady that helps bag so she could put them back on the shelves.

I normally do my food shopping alone but there was a 3 hour delay today so Naiya had to come with me.

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Awe Hannah and Lily load the cart up with fresh fruits and vegetables. Not really a bad thing but I know we won't eat four bags of oranges before they go bad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lizmarie1975
by Liz on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Oh yeah..well she had 2 packages of baby carrots and about 16 apples. Way too many apples but I'll make some applesauce.

I didn't mention those because I was ok with those additions!

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

Awe Hannah and Lily load the cart up with fresh fruits and vegetables. Not really a bad thing but I know we won't eat four bags of oranges before they go bad.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lizmarie1975
by Liz on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

That's right...she put in a thing of chocolate frosting so she could eat it.

I wouldn't have minded the Spongebob juice if she had picked it out for Nadir....who loves Spongebob. She put that one in there just to cause problems. She thinks she's slick.

Jillysmom
by Adele on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:52 PM

She is too funny.

avion
by New Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I think it's a Mom thing, I do that with my Mom whenever I happen to go shopping with her. She always yells at me though.. Put it back or what are you doing with that. Gotta love my Mama.

girl giving flower

MummiMayI
by New Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:27 PM

My 3yr old does the same thing. Including putting larger items under the cart. I have to remember to check the bottom so I don't walk out the store with things I didn't pay for. LOL.

Numom61507
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:30 PM
2 moms liked this

My 5yo daughter doesn't put extra stuff in the cart.. She just questions everything I put in. "Mommy why do you get that?" "Mommy I don't like that." "Is that for me? I won't eat it." "That's not the stuff Daddy buys." Last time she was so annoying I turned to her and said "This is why Mommy doesn't bring you grocery shopping anymore. Stop questioning me." Since my Mom operates a home daycare, I usually drop my daughter off there if she's home and I need to get stuff done. It's worth the daily rate to have some peace and quiet. lol

powow65
by Kim on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:14 AM
? Wow. DD is great with pushing the cart (hence almost killing every one by pushing the cart over people. Lol)
But really, Lindsey doesn't "look" when mommy MEANS BUSINESS!!
(sorry, I don't BS!) I get enough of a dam headache o my dad annoying DD & than DD beating the crap out of my dad & I have yell "STOP IT!! THIS IS WHY SHE'S SO VOILENT!" (& than everyone stares at me like I'm a "crazy mom"! Oh joy.)
So no. When we go gerocery shopping (yes food shopping for DD,) I DON'T MESS AROUND!!!! But If DD is good, a big cookie for her!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maman9
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Great post.

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:08 PM

LOL.. She was just helping you get the "right" stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)