Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Monday and Tuesday

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:09 AM
  • 10 Replies

Monday morning:
Get the kids off to school, John comes home from work after a quick stop at the fire house for an EMS call. R6 is out for PM (oil change, belt checkes, prevent stuff), XYZ came to take it, but didn't take anything off it.
So John goes back and forth VIA text with a chief. Him and I are now going to take the Squad to go get what needs to come back in district. We decide to do it during the morning, that way we can still meet my BFF for lunch.
Drive down to the station, throw a booster in the squad for Alex (easier to as forgiveness than permission; plus out of district = out of service) and go out. Stop at MCD on the way back shove lunch in him.
Send out emails that this is this, yadda yadda.

Meet BFF for lunch after Alex just makes it on the bus. Have lunch, go up to Gander Mountain to look at hand guns (I know what I am getting); stop at Target and get everything on my list (Tide, Downy, TP, paper towels, dog food, milk etc). John gets a phone call, his supervisor. Major fire, can John come in early to staff another ambulance? Tells him he would be an hour out (get home, change etc) and to call him back if he doesn't get anyone else.

Start home: We hear our Ladder call onscene for the fire (Camillus Cuterly for anyone local); John's pager hasn't gone off? Our cells haven't gotten text messages. We had a crew in house at Station 2. Okay, well on 481 heading home, we get the "All avail. personell report to your stations." Okay, call my brother find out his location. Call the house, tell Johnny to get his dads uniform together. Have the kids carry in everything from the car. Check to make sure FedEx is here (my brother Pat); All of us that are members report to teh fire station.

John leaves for work at 5:30. I leave briefly at 6:40 to take Johnny to FireFighter 1. Get home at 9:30. Yell at my mother, Get Johnny from class at 10:00 and go to bed!

Tuesday:

Kids off to school; laundry, dishes, I know I have something I have to do before tonight.... Oh, John don't let me forget my allergy shot at 1.
School calls, Jr. High. Garrett was playing capture the flag in gym class and colided with another student. Split his lip open, jaw pain yadda.... John goes to teh school to evaluate him. I call the peds office. John calls his part time job (mind you he got home around 9 from work, and had to go into his part time at 3).
Shower, dress, my day is now all messed up.
Go in for Allergy shot; swing by fire for Garrett to see the demolition; stop to famous footwear for sneakers (he went from a 7 to a 9 1/2); scoot to peds office (no break, lots of bruising); Get a text on our way to peds office... FD is looking for someone to pick up rescue. I call Chief, if no one does it John and I can after Garrett's appointment;
Yup, John and I drive over to grab the rescue.
Come back to town; drop John off at home after dropping the rescue off; Take Garrett to his therapist appointment.

I am turnign down my street. John texts. PTA pres called. Fudge never got to typing last months minutes! Call her back. On the phone "no problem don't worry, just needed to know".

Go to CJ's orchestra concert, didn't know it was 4th/5th all district; 6th grade; Bee Sharpes; 8/9th grade orchestra... so what was thought to be 30 min. turned into 90. CJ was only there when he needed to be thanks to the car pool system.

Check my email when I get home: one email at 4:15pm "do you have the minutes" another at 5:54 pm  Do you have the minutes for the last 2 meetings?  It's tough to do business without them.  Let's talk if you do not want to be responsible for the minutes because it is an important part of getting stuff done. 

Are you kidding me? I have told her time and time again, I do NOT have a smart phone. I do NOT have a 3G device (so my kindle and ipod very rarely leave my house), if you NEED something and I Don't reply to an email in a couple of hours, shoot me a QUICK text. I had to remind her on the phone that I wasn't at the Nov. meeting; Alex had the flu. THe person who filled in for me EMAILED her minutes that night! 
Responsible? I don't expect a reply to my reply. I could care less. They have taken the PTA something I used to love beign a part of and have been since 2000 and made it something that I dread.  I am actually almost ticked off that they aren't closing my elementary school in June! They would have all been in a different school from me (the rest of the board members that is). 

Vent off. Not sure if today will be ANY better as John left for a grease fire; 

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Emschick38
by Ali on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:22 AM

do you ever slow down and just rest?

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:40 AM
I hope the rest of the week is less busy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jillysmom
by Adele on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:11 AM

OMG I'm tired just reading that. Hope the week gets better.

Jennifair
by Jen on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Wow!! You are a amazing!! 
Oh BTW the camillus fire was right across the street from Kelly's house. He lives on North st.  

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Quoting Jennifair:

Wow!! You are a amazing!! 
Oh BTW the camillus fire was right across the street from Kelly's house. He lives on North st.  

It was...... 

elwalters77
by Erica on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:49 AM
I hope you're relaxing today!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Quoting elwalters77:

I hope you're relaxing today!

no.... trying not to really tell the PTA president what I really think about her. 

then Wegmans and BJ;s as I need cookies for Alex's class tomorrow

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

powow65
by Kim on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Wow! Vent away!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:00 PM

UGH! My goodness! Steph, I don't know how you do it.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:34 PM

I agree

I needed a nap after reading all that, cant imagine doing it too! 

Quoting Wyldbutterfly:

UGH! My goodness! Steph, I don't know how you do it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN