Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

How late

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:58 PM
  • 11 Replies
If ur kid was at a playdate, you had never met the family, and you were supposed to pick ur kid up at 5:30. What time would you be there or call?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:02 PM

If I had never met the family before I would have asked to stay. 

If I felt comfortable after a half hour, I would be back about 5 to 10 min. before the pick up... or ontime at the lastest. Anything after pick up and I would be calling.

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:35 PM
If I don't know the parent I stay, until age seven. I myself would be there at 515 to pick up.
Jillysmom
by Adele on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:01 PM
if I don't know the parent did the first time I suggest meeting somewhere on the outside. then from there I would make sure I'm on time or few minutes early at least
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:25 AM
2 moms liked this
This boy came home from school with sam.

I forgot we had briefly met at a school function. She reminded me at pick up.

Turns out she works tuesdays & thursdays and there was big accident on road. She was 45 min late. She didn't call cause she didn't have number. But after i made this post i saw email saying she was stuck and would b there asap.

I just thought the whole thing was off, but now all makes sense.
Imjustinsmommy
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I. Glad it worked out.. I was going to say I'd never leave him with someone I didn't know yet . Also I'd be sure to exchange numbers.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:55 AM
She has 11 yr old, 9 yr old and youngest 7. I think that she is just more relaxed with 3 kids then ill ever b w my 1. Lol

Quoting Imjustinsmommy:

I. Glad it worked out.. I was going to say I'd never leave him with someone I didn't know yet . Also I'd be sure to exchange numbers.

Kimmiky
by Kimmiky on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I am finding that mom's whose youngest is the same age as my oldest are so much more relaxed about stuff than I am. . . I'm still in the mindset that I have to watch my children's every move ( my youngest will be 2 in May and my 4 year old is autistic so he acts like a young 3  most of the time ).

That being said, I can not imagine ever ever EVER leaving my child with someone that I've met only BRIEFLY and not even think to get their number.

Also I'd probably do what Stephannie said earlier, stay for the first half hour and then leave if I felt comfortable, coming back early.  Part of the child's experience in the house has to do with the family, so I want to know as much as possible about them so I would definitely try to talk to the parents and get to know them.

Quoting SamMom912:

She has 11 yr old, 9 yr old and youngest 7. I think that she is just more relaxed with 3 kids then ill ever b w my 1. Lol

Quoting Imjustinsmommy:

elwalters77
by Erica on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:33 PM

by 5:30

elwalters77
by Erica on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Quoting SamMom912:

This boy came home from school with sam.

I forgot we had briefly met at a school function. She reminded me at pick up.

Turns out she works tuesdays & thursdays and there was big accident on road. She was 45 min late. She didn't call cause she didn't have number. But after i made this post i saw email saying she was stuck and would b there asap.

I just thought the whole thing was off, but now all makes sense.

Glad it all worked out

Jacqalyn
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:25 AM
I've always met the family first, but as for your question.....
I would pick them up 5-10 minutes early.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)