Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Valentines.

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:43 PM
  • 18 Replies

Did everyone have a nice day? 

Share with me how you celebrated, a gift if you got one, or just a little romance.

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I got a nice card. A box of ghiradelli candy and a home made card from Sam. I also go to go to sleep uninterrupted at 9:30. Which was the best gift of all! Lol... I just my throw hubby a little something for the uninterrupted night. Kwim? Lol

I got him a nice card, a new golf shirt and golf pants. I made sexy fish stew and grand marnier souflees. 

I got Sam a huge chocolate kiss, a few books (volcanos, matter, polar mammals, colonial times, and 2 dvds.) 

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:09 PM

John and I went out to lunch then to JOhnny's CSE meeting. 

For the evening, the fire dept. monthly meeting. 

We have never been huge on Valentine's Day.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Omg, just chatted with a friend R... Her hubby bought her wrinkle cream for valentines day! 

Ooooh, thats bad! He said, she was always complaining about the lines next to her eyes, that he thought shed like this... 

Crazy! 

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Feb. 15, 2013 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

DH really went out of his way, considering...

He bought me a bottle of my favorite perfume, some gourmet chocolate (bailey's, kahlua, and tiramisu liquered), and some godiva chocolate. He also had flowers delivered.

I appreciated the effort that he took even though yesterday was also a sad day for him.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:57 PM
That is really nice to tead since i know he isnt the most demonstrative guy. He did good!

Quoting lizmarie1975:

DH really went out of his way, considering...

He bought me a bottle of my favorite perfume, some gourmet chocolate (bailey's, kahlua, and tiramisu liquered), and some godiva chocolate. He also had flowers delivered.

I appreciated the effort that he took even though yesterday was also a sad day for him.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kmary
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't exchange gifts really, but always do a card and go to dinner without our children.  We had a fabulous steak dinner at our favorite local steakhouse.  No booze for the preggo, but filet is a decent substitute.

My kiddos got a little candy and we made heart shaped cutout cookies.

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:44 PM

DH got me a card and a 99 cent box of chocolates....although I'm sure he paid more like 80 cents with his discount. Oh and one frozen ready to drink pina colada...the same kind we already have here. Fail. Not even flowers this year? We really don't celebrate it much anyway, and I don't have high expectations ....he's horrible at gift giving. 

The kids and I had a good day though.

Jillysmom
by Adele on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Mike got be a back pillow from when I'm lounging in the bed so I have some support and my favorite cadbury eggs.
I got him a box of kcups from BJ's and some candy.
Jillian got a small thing of solid chocolates from her boyfriend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:11 PM
we dont celebrate so neither of us got anything. not even a happy valentines day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennifair
by Jen on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Alice me a friendship necklace( which we are both wearing) a box of chocolates, and a home made card. My dad got me a box of chocolates ,and I got a few valentines from my kids at work. 

I got Alice a pair of shoes, and 2 monster high dolls that she didn't have, and some bath paints. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)