Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

filed on jan 31st. got out federal on the 8th of feb. still waiting on state taxes. anyone else? how long does it take? i remember always getting them within days of the federal. no school tax.

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Replies (31-38):
Kmary
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Lived here my whole life and it's always seemed to me that State takes longer than Fed.  We also got our Fed one back in a matter of days.  It was actually shocking how quickly it came.  State I won't expect for a few more weeks probably. 

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:35 PM

you need to put in the code they show (to verifiy you aren't a computer); the the form you filed (which is one of 2 options... option A lists all teh forms, and option by is NYC something); head filer's SSN, and then the amount that you are getting back

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

i think i did, but i needed some kind of code. i forgot i had tried. i don't know what code theyre talkig about. oh well. it'll get here when it gets here i guess. lol

Quoting Jillysmom:

I believe you can,try online

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

i got fed already, i didn't know you could check for state.

Quoting Jillysmom:

Didn't file yet as my tax lady is behind. But state is always longer. Have you checked online for your status.

elwalters77
by Erica on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:53 PM

The state has been really slow the past few years. Big suprise.

elwalters77
by Erica on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Quoting Kmary:

Lived here my whole life and it's always seemed to me that State takes longer than Fed.  We also got our Fed one back in a matter of days.  It was actually shocking how quickly it came.  State I won't expect for a few more weeks probably. 

Wow! Days? That is impressive!

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Feb. 27, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Quoting elwalters77:

Quoting Kmary:

I had my federal within a week of them accepting returns

Beauty91805
Tired and hungry.
Sunday at 4:20 PM
by Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 6:33 PM
I filed on Feb 2nd and got my federal Feb 10th. My state came in almost a week ago.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
elwalters77
by Erica on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Quoting elwalters77:

Quoting Kmary:

Well that's exciting. I'm hopeful we get ours soon. We need a new water heater, need to get the vacuum repaired and I desperately need some bras, sneakers and shirts.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Quoting elwalters77:

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Quoting elwalters77:

Quoting Kmary:

Well that's exciting. I'm hopeful we get ours soon. We need a new water heater, need to get the vacuum repaired and I desperately need some bras, sneakers and shirts.

water heater, whirlpool and REGISTER IT.... we got ours in Dec 2006 and had to replace a leaking valve on it in April 2011 (when everything else happened)... one 10 min. phone call to Whirlpool, took it out, went to Lowes with the info from Whrilpool, they called, verified it, told me I did it right and handed me a store credit for a water tank at CURRENT PRice!

DO NOT get the extra warranty, it already has  10 or 12 yr warranty

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)