Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

if I get a nasty gram/phone call/email that

Posted by   + Show Post

his lunch is "inadequate" for the field trip, I will go off...... just saying. 

Yup, Johnny has another theater trip with the High School, and because of lunches they want them to eat on teh buses... adn NO nuts, NO nut containing products yada yada...... 

I get why, I have food allergies also.

Did I mention that we are talking High School Seniors?

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Replies (11-16):
Jillysmom
by Adele on Feb. 26, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I'm not sure if ours does or not

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

ours is the district policy for High School field trips because they have the kids eat on the buses. complete PITA. 

Quoting Jillysmom:

Thanks for the reminder, Jillian has her's coming up and was planning a PB & J as its one of the only things she will eat. I will have to call the school. Maybe a bagel

Emschick38
by Ali on Feb. 26, 2013 at 11:25 PM

does nutella count as a nut? will he eat a bagel with cream cheese? or string cheese?I had a friend in Jr high that her lunch was always the same: 2 slices of wheat bread, 1 piece of bologna, a hard boiled egg, a cheese stick and a "snack" (mostly home made muffins.)

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Quoting Kmary:

OMG this is like the 3rd post I've read on here in 5 minutes about a school not thinking a lunch is adequate.  When I was teaching, I paid no attention to what they were eating.  Who cares?  And teenagers can have weird eating habits.  Nutrition guidelines weren't in my teacher contract.  I mean, I get the food allergy thing, but saying a lunch is inadequate?  What the hell?  If the kid isn't starving, who cares? 

I don't know if it's because they are in a close space or what.

They shut up pretty fast when I pointed out that they eliminated all the foods he would eat. He has sensory issues, if he had been dx-ed at a younger age I am sure therapies etc would have been started to try and change some of that... but alas it wasn't... moving on... lol 

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Quoting Emschick38:

does nutella count as a nut? will he eat a bagel with cream cheese? or string cheese?I had a friend in Jr high that her lunch was always the same: 2 slices of wheat bread, 1 piece of bologna, a hard boiled egg, a cheese stick and a "snack" (mostly home made muffins.)

If it "looks like" peanut butter they have the *righ* to have the studnet toss it. He won't touch nutella.

Bagels have to be toasted and eaten warm. 

He doesn't do string cheese, which baffles me. 

He will take carrots, and crackers,water mayeb fruit... and I will have him stick a PB&J in his locker for when he gets back.... lol

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

Kimmiky
by Kimmiky on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I think prolly eating on a bus is more an issue than allergies what with the risk of choking and the cramped unsanitary conditions 150 or however many tennagers create by being sardined into that big yellow bus!!! But I guess I'm the type that will scream out injustices too if we get that ball rolling. . . At least semi anonymously online lol

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

ours is the district policy for High School field trips because they have the kids eat on the buses. complete PITA. 

Quoting Jillysmom:

Thanks for the reminder, Jillian has her's coming up and was planning a PB & J as its one of the only things she will eat. I will have to call the school. Maybe a bagel

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
elwalters77
by Erica on Feb. 27, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Quoting SamMom912:

Maybe next time suggest there be a nut free bus... (ohhh, but where would the nutty people sit?????)

Haha!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)