Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

so the Johnny/MIL blurt (update)

Posted by   + Show Post

apparently my SIL had been talking about a Graduation trip with Johnny. I don't really know or remember, my SIL promised a LOT of stuff to that boy. 

anyway, my SIL passed away in Oct. 2008, so no graduation trip.

my MIL comes to me before Christmas. she is going to take Johnny on this trip, he gets to pick where. he gets to bring a friend. and he needs his license by then to do the driving or Uncle Steve will have to go (my SIL's widower).

Of course she gives him 2 suggestions: Gettysberg or Nashville (he loves music). 

I don't think a decision has been made. I know he doesn't want to go as he's told John and I that. 

He won't tell my MIL, "it's difficult for me." Well you need to!

As the regulars know my MIL's health, well sucks. You ladies just know about the hospitalizations. Her daily health SUCKS. 

We all (John, I, Steve) envision Johnny being stuck in a hotel somehwere because she's too sick to go farther. Then a day or two later, movign along. 

As a result of this, she told me that the kids won't be getting any spending $ for our regular vacation. Um, okay. However, the $20 to $25 she gives them is usually their Easter gift from Grandma. 

None of the kids Johnny knows can go; they are all working summer jobs, before the take off in August for school. 

Johnny needs a summer job (as he has been spending his savings right and left, well not that bad). 

She has told me that he needs to make a decision or it won't happen. I mentioned that I think Johnny might not want to, because of Aunt Marilyn. That it had been there plan. Of course I don't know what I am talkign about.

She ticks me off because she bounces between Johnny being the smartest person alive and the dumbest all at the same time. 

So Johnny talked to my MIL today. She had thankfully picked up on his reluctance to select a desitnation. So she was good, when he said it wouldn't be the same without Aunt Marilyn. 

Apparently, she is going to give us $ to spend a day in Rochester as a family (we will see). Then she's talking about gviing him $ towards a laptop etc, for school, this in my opinion is an even bigger "we will see." As her insurance etc are changing with her pension now and she has to pay what the rest of the world has to pay Rx-s

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Replies (11-12):
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Mar. 3, 2013 at 5:31 PM

added an update

Jillysmom
by Adele on Mar. 3, 2013 at 7:29 PM

glad  to hear she took it well. Hopefully she comes thru

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)