Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

way to listen

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:29 AM
  • 12 Replies

John came home from work around 7am, now this is BAD. THis means he was wake, which means he was just getting back from a call or close enough to 6am that he didn't go to bed. 

He tells Johnny and Garrett to be careful, it's a cross between rain and ice outside. 

Johnny leaves for the bus at 7:11.

Garrett is looking for his coat. Yes, the thing in my livingroom that we call a closet is decoration. So he finally finds it upstairs (uh-huh), and comes down. The bus is at our bus stop (the corner to my west) so he goes to run to the next bus stop (apparently s/he will let them on at either one because we live right in the middle). Doesn't he fall on his @$$ as he steps onto the neighbors sidewalk. 

Elbow, wrist and hip all right side. 

Wrist seemed okay, he said the ehlbow didn't hurt, his hip is going to bruise. I did look him over, before he walked to school

Yup, Bad Mom here. 

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kimmiky
by Kimmiky on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:23 AM

well atleast its just abruise and no broken bones    : \

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:43 AM

And yet...I still have a special place in my heart for Garrett.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Quoting Kimmiky:

We will see; my children tend to glue themselves together until a math test, or they find out that their social studies grade that was MIA is a 77 ant not the 90 he  thought it was... lol

John plans on evaling him tonight..... although he has a bet that we get a call around noon.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Quoting lizmarie1975:

And yet...I still have a special place in my heart for Garrett.

I know you do. So do I, but at the same time all I could do was shake my head, stand on the porch in my PJ's and ask Alex to go upstairs and get Daddy. 

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:22 AM
Ahhh, love the "natural consequence". Love when mother nature reminds them HARD to listen to mom and dad! Tee hee!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kimmiky
by Kimmiky on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Quoting Kimmiky:

We will see; my children tend to glue themselves together until a math test, or they find out that their social studies grade that was MIA is a 77 ant not the 90 he  thought it was... lol

John plans on evaling him tonight..... although he has a bet that we get a call around noon.

oh that reminds me . . . seeing as how you are. or were or whatever, an EMT, if I see an ambulance traveling in the opposite direction towards me, and there is ample space for him to pass am I supposed to pull over as well?

I was traveling this morning down route 5 and there was an ambulance coming and their lane was clear so I just went on my way but noticed that others behind me were pulled over.  Now if the circumstances were that I was in an intersection or a two lane area I would probably get over in case the vehicle needed to pass through my lane but i just wondered if i'm traveling on like a country road . . .

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Quoting Kimmiky:

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Quoting Kimmiky:

oh that reminds me . . . seeing as how you are. or were or whatever, an EMT, if I see an ambulance traveling in the opposite direction towards me, and there is ample space for him to pass am I supposed to pull over as well?

I was traveling this morning down route 5 and there was an ambulance coming and their lane was clear so I just went on my way but noticed that others behind me were pulled over.  Now if the circumstances were that I was in an intersection or a two lane area I would probably get over in case the vehicle needed to pass through my lane but i just wondered if i'm traveling on like a country road . . .

I always pull over even if they are facing the other way, people do STUPID things that often have ambulances & fire trucks having to suddenly swerve. 

I got EMT card back last year. Made for a fun spring session at Church as they had to get a sub for me, but it all worked ut in the end.

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

mom1T2Ldh
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Quoting Kimmiky:

elwalters77
by Erica on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:47 PM

ouch!

Jillysmom
by Adele on Mar. 1, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Oh Garrett, what wll will do with you....What to share Jillian's bubble wrap?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN