Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Roadkill

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Liz
  • 20 Replies

Have you ever hit an animal with your car? Unintentionally of course!

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizmarie1975
by Liz on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:51 AM

The road I take out of my little neighborhood is very twisty and there is one blind turn. Coming out of the blind turn, yesterday, almost ran straight into 4 deer running across the road. I was doing the speed limit of 20 around the bend but they were so close to the end of the turn tha had I not been paying attention...one of them would have been hit. As it was, I slammed on my brakes so hard that anything that was on my seats went flying forward.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I have run over a turtle. It was small and I thought it was a rock so although I swerved a bit...I didn't actually move all the way around it. It wasn't until my tire went over the supposed rock that I heard a huge popping sound. It was then that I realized I had just killed a turtle.

I've also hit a squirrel. The squirrels and chipmunks here play a dangerous game of chicken when it comes to running across the street.  It hesitated in the street and I moved away from it but then all of a sudden instead of running back where it came from it continued with its mission across the street. Bump.

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I hit a squirrel once...and it was not pretty. Like the head hit my wheel and got squished while the body kept moving and flopping all over the road. A bird hit my grill once and I'm sure I've hit a few frogs when they were all over the road a few times. I remember hitting a few things when I was a kid. It's quite common to hit deer where I grew up, but I never have.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I know I ran over a mouse once going to get Pat in the middle of the night from FedEx. 

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Ive hit a squirrel and a bird,  thats it.  Now watch, Ill hit a deer or something big later!!

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:20 PM

1 rabbit, 1 squirrel and about a month ago coming home from an afternoon playdate (5:45ish..dusk) a deer ran into the side of my car. I saw 2 bound across the road and was going super slow and then wham, one ran right into the front right hand passenger side of my car. I slammed on the brakes and the car was fine... he scooted away... with a limp... as he ran into the car with his whole front half!

mummytobe
by New Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I have hit a deer

Emschick38
by Ali on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:52 AM
I had a deer hit me. I saw it on the side of road running toward me so i stopped nd it ran right into my mirror. I have also hit a squirell and dead skunk. Oh and a pumpkin
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
whitewinterose
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:09 AM
I have never hit anything, thankfully. I'm such a sucker about that, I probably would cry and never drive again! Lol I stop dead to save them. Thankfully most roads here have no people. I'd be bad if things were busy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Yes I have and I felt absolutely terrible. The darn cat just had to run across the street! I was mortified.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)