Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frustrated with a former/sort of current employer

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:20 AM
  • 2 Replies

I need to rant and I need some perspective.  I worked for a local coffee shop for almost 2 years.  I loved working there, it was a great experience helping to manage a successful business.  In the last year that I worked there, my boss and me REALLY started to butt heads.  He has a serious micro-managing problem.  He treated me terribly and used personal reasons to try to fire me.  I ended up quitting after several months of a horrid work environment.  Currently, I still make and sell quiche to the coffee shop, which I really like doing.  It's a great way for me to make an extra couple hundred a week while doing something that I love (cooking!).  However, my old boss is still trying to micro-manage me.  He has something to complain about with everything from the way I write my invoices to how much I am paying for the pie tins I use.  He's been obsessing over the pie tins for about a month now and I just had to tell him that he needs to drop it and that he is NOT allowed to micro-manage me anymore!  I'm just frustrated.  I want to keep making these quiche, because I have gotten used to the extra $100-200/week over the past couple of years.  My family needs that money, but I just do not like being treated like crap!!!

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
How does he know where you buy your tins?
I always buy mine at the dollar store, much cheaper there.
Since you probably don't have to see him for long periods of time can you just ignore him?
Have you tried sitting down and asking what his issue is? Could be he's just an idiot and there's nothing you an do. If you need the money then just ignore him. Do what you feel is best and be civil to him.
Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Id yes him to death... What happens in your kitchen stays in your kitchen, and what he says doesnt matter... But HE doesnt need to know that. Plain and simple. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)