Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many times....

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:34 AM
  • 8 Replies
Do you reschedule a date with a friend?

My GF B is busy. 2 kids, 8 and 6. 6 yr old in 1/2 day K. She helps her hubby in private business. Takes care of their house... And all the responsibilities we all have.

Every few weeks we make a plan for coffee. Every few weeks something comes up. Last time i saw her was Feb!!
She has xlled our last 4 dates... Should i stop planning. She cancels and then pushes to reschedule... Then xlls again.
What can I say? I dont want to force her to hang out- but i also dont want to keep making a plan that gets f ed up.. I have stuff to do to.. And work my schedule around these plans too!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lizmarie1975
by Liz on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I'd probably stop making plans.

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Me too.

Quoting lizmarie1975:

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:25 AM
But she always pushes... Omg so sorry something came up with hubbys work.. Have to see accountant. Have to see lawyer.. Kids r sick.. Stuff like that...

Quoting lizmarie1975:

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Do you think things might settle down now that the school year is coming to an end?

Quoting SamMom912:

But she always pushes... Omg so sorry something came up with hubbys work.. Have to see accountant. Have to see lawyer.. Kids r sick.. Stuff like that...

Quoting lizmarie1975:

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:09 PM
I wont... Since sams not going to camp. Lol

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Do you think things might settle down now that the school year is coming to an end?

Quoting SamMom912:

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't make plans, tell her to call you if she has a free morning or afternoon and if you can make it great.
If she asks why just say you plan your day around the date and then when she cancels it messes up your day.
We are all busy, but sorry, no one is too busy to squeeze you (general you) in for an hour once a month or so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jillysmom
by Adele on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with Cecelia

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:18 AM

I like this idea.. But am worried it is a little more confrontational than i am comfy with. 

ButI like how  it may bridge the gap between making the plan ans being disappointed when its cancelled... And seeing her. I HONESTLY believe she HATES to cancel. I occassionally see her at pick up at school and she is always sweet and concerned..and wanting to get together.. But looking frazzled and scattered... 

Her hubbys business is successful, but he was recently sued..and I think its a lot of stress pressure and work.but honestly, im speculating.. Lol

Quoting Cecelia712:

I wouldn't make plans, tell her to call you if she has a free morning or afternoon and if you can make it great.
If she asks why just say you plan your day around the date and then when she cancels it messes up your day.
We are all busy, but sorry, no one is too busy to squeeze you (general you) in for an hour once a month or so.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)