Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maniacs

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Liz
  • 11 Replies

Last night, Nadir slept in a toddler bed. He stayed there from 9:30 pm till about 7:00 am when Naseem got out of his crib (with my help), spotted Nadir in the bed, and then proceeded to climb in and all over Nadir.

Today was the first nap in the bed.

So far, it's been a mess.

I put Naseem to bed at 1:00 and then Nadir at 1:30.

I had to leave to get Nathanael from school so I left instructions for DH to listen for footsteps should Nadir get out of bed. I really didn't think he would.

Come home to hear voices coming from the boys room so I quietly open the door and Naseem is laying in his crib laughing while Nadir is halfway under Naseem's crib playing with a battery operated toothbrush.

Go down to DH and he tells me that Nadir was on the first floor only minutes after I had left. Nadir went down to the basement where DH was (I had left the basement door open just in case), and he told DH that he couldn't find me. LOL. DH put him back to bed.

So, I'm sitting here, not 5 minutes ago, and I hear crying. Go upstairs to find Nadir IN Naseem's crib and Naseem hitting Nadir with the battery operated toothbrush. Ugh.

Take Nadir out of crib, tell him he has to nap in either the bed or his crib, and then put him back in the bed. I told him he has to stay there until I come get him. Naseem laid back down without a word.

Hopefully, they'll sleep a little bit.

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizmarie1975
by Liz on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Well, Naseem is moving his crib back and forth. I can't deal with these kids if they haven't napped. Ugh.

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Girl, I don't know how you can keep them in the same room! Sleep is such a precious thing in my house that there is no way my kids would stay in the same room if they were keeping each other up. (we tried) I do like the idea of having them together in the same room, but sleeping is a good idea too LOL

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:54 PM

I have no choice...there aren't any extra bedrooms! I'm not giving up my bedroom to one of them.

They're still awake though but I don't think Nadir is out of his bed.

Quoting lish2127:

Girl, I don't know how you can keep them in the same room! Sleep is such a precious thing in my house that there is no way my kids would stay in the same room if they were keeping each other up. (we tried) I do like the idea of having them together in the same room, but sleeping is a good idea too LOL

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:08 PM

my girls will be sharing soon too when we move Lucy to her own bed...just in time for Addie to start full day Kindergarten (maybe) and really need her sleep...

Quoting lizmarie1975:

I have no choice...there aren't any extra bedrooms! I'm not giving up my bedroom to one of them.

They're still awake though but I don't think Nadir is out of his bed.

Quoting lish2127:

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Its like a bad sitcom... Lol

Can nadir nap in your room, but sleep in his bed? 

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:05 PM
In my case, g sleeps so much better now that the boys share a room. He was a nightmare before, but now he goes up and in be no problem.
I hope when nicholas finally wants to move downstairs to his own room G is old enough to not care and still sleep well!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jillysmom
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:34 PM

How did it go? Did they fall asleep?

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Quoting SamMom912:

Its like a bad sitcom... Lol

Can nadir nap in your room, but sleep in his bed? 

I was thinking the same thing.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Quoting Jillysmom:

How did it go? Did they fall asleep?

Eventually but it wasn't enough. I kept them outside from about 4:30 till about 7:30 so they slept good last night.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Yup. Had that with Alex and Carly. I rubbed their backs until they were asleep. Yes it took me 15 min, but I got the 2 hrs I needed.

Another idea.... CD player with wordless classical music. Select repeat, and tell them they need to lay still until the music ends
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)