Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Thunderstoms

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:27 AM
  • 10 Replies
Holy crap! Its 2:26am and i just woke up bc of this massive thunderstorm rolling in!... First one of the year. Guess this means spring is offically here... Hope it doesnt wake my lil one!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:03 AM
I love thunderstorms! We may get some storms tonight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizmarie1975
by Liz on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I know it rained (because everything was wet when I woke up) and apparently there was some crazy wind last night. My husband told me that at around 2:30 am, he heard a loud thud and figured one of the chairs on the deck tipped over. Then he heard another, even louder thud. He came up from the basement to find that we had forgotten to close the umbrella and the table, on the deck, kept tipping over. He had to go out and close the umbrella before it broke.

I fell asleep at 11:45 and didn't wake up until 6:00. Kids never stirred either.

Mama110981
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:49 AM
My lil one woke up screaming! His first thunderstorm

Quoting lizmarie1975:

I know it rained (because everything was wet when I woke up) and apparently there was some crazy wind last night. My husband told me that at around 2:30 am, he heard a loud thud and figured one of the chairs on the deck tipped over. Then he heard another, even louder thud. He came up from the basement to find that we had forgotten to close the umbrella and the table, on the deck, kept tipping over. He had to go out and close the umbrella before it broke.

I fell asleep at 11:45 and didn't wake up until 6:00. Kids never stirred either.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Oh no!

Quoting Mama110981:

My lil one woke up screaming! His first thunderstorm

Quoting lizmarie1975:

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:08 PM
I heard a little thunder last night but nothing major.
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Sorry, I was in Virginia.

I did hit some at the NY/PA border this evening.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama110981
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Its that time of year!
xxxTrishy518xxx
by Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:33 AM

aww all i heard was rain here (Rensselaer) I love storms 

CookieMom108
by Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:52 AM

I grew up in south Florida, so I'm quite used to them.  But yeah, it's a bit unusual here.  I'm so done with all this rain!

Aamy
by Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 8:36 AM

We have had 2 here so far. Now just more and more rain,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)