Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

divorce.....

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:58 PM
  • 8 Replies

how much is a simple divorce? how much is it to file?

by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
EvaTheDiva29
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:03 AM
1 mom liked this

lots of crickets.................

kidlover2
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:37 AM
Mine cost a little over $2,000. It did not include child support, visitation, or any contentions. I think I could have gotten it a lot cheaper and faster if I had done some shopping around. My parents cost close to $20,000 but there was a lot of fighting and bickering over assets.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EvaTheDiva29
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:44 AM

well, we have nothing to fight over, except a 2 yr old dd. and hes too lasy to even fight for that.

all i want is out. he can see her anytime he wants, and if she needs anything i can't get, he does. we're supposed to move june 1st, he can go there, im looking for an apartment that includes everything.

Quoting kidlover2:

Mine cost a little over $2,000. It did not include child support, visitation, or any contentions. I think I could have gotten it a lot cheaper and faster if I had done some shopping around. My parents cost close to $20,000 but there was a lot of fighting and bickering over assets.

kidlover2
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:33 AM
I live in upstate. Not sure if that makes a difference or not cost-wise. My only advice is to look carefully. I just went with a "recommended" source and my ridiculously easy divorce took my lawyer almost 1 year to resolve. When I first started calling them in month 5 to figure out why such a simple case was taking so long, they admitted they "forgot". Oh yeah... And another word of advice... NEVER pay the lawyer in full until you have the divorce papers in your hand.

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

well, we have nothing to fight over, except a 2 yr old dd. and hes too lasy to even fight for that.

all i want is out. he can see her anytime he wants, and if she needs anything i can't get, he does. we're supposed to move june 1st, he can go there, im looking for an apartment that includes everything.

Quoting kidlover2:

EvaTheDiva29
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:39 AM

im thinking i may not even bother with divorce right now. just leave. we don't need a divorce anytime soon, unless either or finds someone else. and i don't see that happening. 

Quoting kidlover2:

I live in upstate. Not sure if that makes a difference or not cost-wise. My only advice is to look carefully. I just went with a "recommended" source and my ridiculously easy divorce took my lawyer almost 1 year to resolve. When I first started calling them in month 5 to figure out why such a simple case was taking so long, they admitted they "forgot". Oh yeah... And another word of advice... NEVER pay the lawyer in full until you have the divorce papers in your hand.

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

Quoting kidlover2:

kidlover2
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:45 AM
That works as long as you trust him. My ex took the credit card and racked up over $1,000 and then refused to pay. Guess who took on that debt... Keep your wits about you and realize that the angrier people become, the more insane and unlike themselves they become too. My husband left me for another woman and when I found a boyfriend a year later, he started stalking me and threatening me. He is trying to get my girls to press charges against my boyfriend for " abuse" and cruelty. He's insinuated that my boyfriend might be sexually abusive... It's a nightmare. I have a hard time believing anyone who says they will never change.

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

im thinking i may not even bother with divorce right now. just leave. we don't need a divorce anytime soon, unless either or finds someone else. and i don't see that happening. 

Quoting kidlover2:

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

Quoting kidlover2:

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Sorry, I am no help...... good luck.

elwalters77
by Erica on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I have no idea. Sorry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN