Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

kids with Holiday Birthday's

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:06 AM
  • 22 Replies

sucks!

Johnny's 18th Birthday falls on Mother's Day this year. I have never really been able to do a party the weekend of. We did the Saturday a few years, and it was "ok".

However, if I do the party on Sunday (his real Birthday) I exclude: Kate, Katie, Sherry, Cherry, etc.... The close friends I can COUNT ON COMING..... as Kate, Katie have their Moms... Sherry goes with Kate and Kate's DH..... and Cherry has to work. 

Now I go through this AGAIN in September with Garrett as he falls too close to Labor Day....... 

Stephannie, wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex
full-time Auntie to Carly-Ann

New York Moms
Join us on The New York Moms Group! - - NY Moms Group Mod

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizmarie1975
by Liz on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Yuck.

Bethy16
by Beth on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:06 PM
I have a December baby, I so understand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennifair
by Jen on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:45 PM

My sister's b-day is Dec 29th. I understand 100% 

bklynmom5
by Vanessa on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:43 AM

My ds is the 12/28, no one wants to give yet another gift or attend another party! We have talked about doing a half birthday next year.  Mine is jan 5 and I did that when I was a kid.  I was able to have a pool party which made my day! Lol! 

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Quoting bklynmom5:

My ds is the 12/28, no one wants to give yet another gift or attend another party! We have talked about doing a half birthday next year.  Mine is jan 5 and I did that when I was a kid.  I was able to have a pool party which made my day! Lol! 

I do the 1/2 Birthday with my 13 yr old friends. 

His B-day is 9/4 which usually falls with Labor Day weekend (although this year it's the 1st day of school). I don't have the soccer schedule until the last minute (as we will be lucky if we know our game time on Wed for Sat). Then I am shocked at the number of friends who play "fall ball" and have double header baseball games on Sunday's. In 5th grade 1 out of 20 kids made it (#2 forgot). 

We did the 1/2 in late March of 6th grade and he had all 5 make it. We filled my truck to take them to the Chinese Buffet for lunch (what he wanted). Last year we had 16 of them meet us at a gymnastic center. This year he didn't decide, and then when it did it's not open yet. We are going to take a car load to the drive-in for a double feature, and then throw them in a tent in my backyard over night. Breakfast in the mornng. 

New York Moms

Kimmiky
by Kimmiky on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:00 AM
W's bday is Jan 2 so we always just have New Year's Day dinner/get together thing and sing and have cake at the end. I thought about doing the 1/2 bday thing but then that's too close to July 4th and with our family and friends it's a much bigger holiday. He's only 4 so he doesn't really notice. . .
Why not do a Friday something?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Kelly
by Head Admin on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:29 AM

My son's birthday is New Year's Eve so I completely understand :/

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Quoting Kimmiky:

W's bday is Jan 2 so we always just have New Year's Day dinner/get together thing and sing and have cake at the end. I thought about doing the 1/2 bday thing but then that's too close to July 4th and with our family and friends it's a much bigger holiday. He's only 4 so he doesn't really notice. . .
Why not do a Friday something?

Sport conflicts on Friday, and my niece is with her biological mother. I don't like her to miss the chance to see the only other female in the family. 

New York Moms

connietrrll
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:03 AM

My granddaughters birthday is May 10th. She will only be 5 this year. I love sharing mothers day with her. But, that is a lot different then your situation.

My son Neil's birthday is November 23rd. Which is often the day of, day before, or day after Thanksgiving. We have never been able to plan a birthday and include more then 1 or 2 good friends.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Quoting connietrrll:

My granddaughters birthday is May 10th. She will only be 5 this year. I love sharing mothers day with her. But, that is a lot different then your situation.

My son Neil's birthday is November 23rd. Which is often the day of, day before, or day after Thanksgiving. We have never been able to plan a birthday and include more then 1 or 2 good friends.

We can get our Moms here on the 12th, and my FIL... but the rest of the "Aunts" are all very close friends of the family.

My "niece" is Nov. 22 (my BFF daughter).. usually her party is the Sat after Thanksgiving but the last few years she wanted it on Thanksgiving. I've had a standing invite to crash the holiday (esp, the years my DH had to work the Holiday).... but I can never get my family kicked out to make the 35 min. drive for cake. 

But I remember to at least send a gift. I am too late to "tactfully" ask about the kids cards from October. 

New York Moms

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)