Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

I had planned for my stepdaughter to come up on June 13th and go back home on June 17th. Air tickets are, currently, $136 each way. Not too bad. During that time, we would be taking the little kids to A Day Out with Thomas in PA and then going to visit where my FIL is buried. The kids are still in school the week of June 17th so we have no plans to do anything and the following Monday, Naiya starts camp.

I was talking to her mother the other day and she wanted to know what I thought of SD staying here 6/13-6/27. The mother's bday is 6/28 so she wants to come up here to hang out with her friend in the Bronx. We would take SD to her on 6/27 (oh will we?). Umm...first of all...what is that child going to do here for two weeks? Nothing. I don't like to feel obligated to entertain her (I don't even feel obligated to entertain Nathanael!). Secondly, the flight home on 6/30 would cost $300. So I think she expects that we would pay that!!

My way has her round trip flight costing $300 total (give or take a few $$ to account for taxes and services fees).

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Replies (11-12):
lizmarie1975
by Liz on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Neither one of them has replied yet...

Quoting SamMom912:

Yeah, Id ask if Bio mom would pay the differential between what you were offering to do... and what she wants you to do.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:25 PM
I hope u dont miss the window for the good fare.... Grrrr...

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Neither one of them has replied yet...

Quoting SamMom912:

Yeah, Id ask if Bio mom would pay the differential between what you were offering to do... and what she wants you to do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)