Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms
Where in ny is everyone from?

I live near nj and pa in the Hudson valley area
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Replies (271-272):
Alaina1982
by New Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 7:59 PM

I'm from Copiague NY

redambergreene
by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:33 AM
Glad to hear your children are a bit more at ease, must make school a lot easier. Amy is so painfully shy it breaks my heart. Me? I'd be a happy hermit lol.

Quoting Dani77240:

I can definitely relate, I am the same way. But luckily my kids don't seem to be the same. They have friends and are very social in school. I like the peace and quiet, just could do without being so far from everything. Someday I hope to move much closer to anything. 

Quoting redambergreene: This is the first time since my daughter was a few months old that I've been able to. We compromised hugely on the accommodation - I hate our apartment with a passion lol. But having had a few years of beautiful farm homes which were lovely but isolated, we thought it was time to find some actual people for our three year old. She is borderline feral having spent more time with raccoon's and possum's than people and is very shy lol. I am not a natural "joiner" and neither husband or I are good in big groups of people, though I have no problem talking people to death in smaller circles, and I really want Amy to be less of a social freak than we are. Being able to walk into town, say hi to people, use the library etc is lovely. Even in the heat. But I do miss middle of nowhere too - something to be said for peace and quiet :)

Quoting Dani77240:

Oh I hope you settle in nicely. I wish I lived somewhere I could walk to anything, but unfortunatly we live in the middle of no where. Takes at least a 10-15 drive to get anywhere.

Quoting redambergreene: Still very new in town and trying to get a feel for the place but so far everyone's been really nice. And it's great to be able to walk into town under my own steam as I don't drive. Hoping to figure out things like pre-schools and stuff for my three year old to get into. I have a friend moving from Lake Placid who's hoping to settle around Hyde Park/Rhinebeck ... we may pass on the bridge lol

Quoting Dani77240:

Oh nice, I have a friend who lives in Catskill. It seems like a nice place to live.

Quoting redambergreene: We nearly ended up very close to you. Landed in Catskill however, about half an hour and a million miles from you :)

Quoting Dani77240:

Clinton Corners in Dutchess County.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)