Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Today's world drama.....

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 12:32 PM
  • 14 Replies

Almost as good as the take an additional 60% off all marked down prices at Hollister.... 

by on May. 8, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

i think we also need to add that being beautiful has nothing to do with how you look...

it is in the eye of the beholder... and one needs to inspect not only the outside, but what is on the inside to be beautiful...

here is to shopping elsewhere. drinking beercheers to all the beautiful people who read this reply and the beautiful person who wrote it!

Kimmiky
by Kimmiky on May. 8, 2013 at 3:33 PM

what an a$$ h0le!!!
I mean I get that some styles don't look good on bigger people but this statement is just dickish.
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on May. 8, 2013 at 4:09 PM

it should be up to the comsumer if it is going to look good on them or not... not them. 

What do ladies with big chests do? What about ladies with broad shoulders?

Quoting Kimmiky:

what an a$$ h0le!!!
I mean I get that some styles don't look good on bigger people but this statement is just dickish.

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on May. 8, 2013 at 4:57 PM

what a jerk

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 4:59 PM
A lot of the brands do this. Gap, express, AFn so while he's the only moron who actually says it, a lot of higher end do it. Guess, 7 jeans, lucky brand, none of the higher end jeans have anything bigger than a size 32 which is equialant to a 12 maybe?? Closer to a 10 really.
But I agree it is a lousy thing to say
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on May. 8, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Quoting Cecelia712:

A lot of the brands do this. Gap, express, AFn so while he's the only moron who actually says it, a lot of higher end do it. Guess, 7 jeans, lucky brand, none of the higher end jeans have anything bigger than a size 32 which is equialant to a 12 maybe?? Closer to a 10 really.

I went to Gap's website and they say 00-20 or XS to XXL for online sizing. 

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Wow. Impressed with gap. But their stores don't carry that high. I guess at least people can order.

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Quoting Cecelia712:

I went to Gap's website and they say 00-20 or XS to XXL for online sizing. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmary
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:38 PM

While directly alienating a large portion of the population of consumers seems self-defeating, I guess you've got to admit thet guy has big cojones for coming out and saying it. 

I think Abercrombie is overpriced trash and haven't stepped foot in one in well over a decade, but as some of you have already pointed out, it is not the first store to do this and won't be the last.  Stores cater to various demographics.  I think his only sin was being so blunt about it...

powow65
by Kim on May. 9, 2013 at 1:57 PM
So fat people are bann for wear jeans?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lady-J-Rock
by Niki on May. 9, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Quoting powow65:

So fat people are bann for wear jeans?!

No they just have to wear the uncool Wal-Mart Brand of jeans.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)