Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

knives in school

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 3:34 PM
  • 16 Replies

Over the weekend my 12 yr old informed me that last week a kid who was bothering him threatened him with a knife.  the other kid knocked Nic down and took his sneaker.  when Nic tried to get it back thats when the kid took out his knife. 6 kids saw this and not one of them told a teacher as they were afraid of what he would do since he has "violent tendencies"  He often talks about killing his father even!

Ok, so then after that discussion I find out some other kid has a habit of farting on my son.  /He will either just jump on his lap or knock him down to do this.

Needless to say I called the VP on Monday, because the VP is the one Ive spoken to in the past about problems in school.  What ticked me off is that was not the first time this other kid had a knife in school!!! But he would call both parents and take care of it. Then we discussed the farting issue and how that child would be spoken to as well as parents notified.

I am just so fed up with this school.  I hate my school district! The schools arent neighborhood schools, you have to ballet for a schoo, then you get approved for 1 of your 3 choices.  so the majority of the kids in my sons school come from the south part of town, they are not nice kids, which I dont like saying, but they arent.  they are mostly products of their environments and very street wise.  The girls are already sexually avtive, there is a video of one girl giving oral sex to a boy on the play ground.  Needless to say, Im going to look for a better school for the G's! 

but isnt 7th grade, 12 and 13 yr olds, too young to have to worry about all this crap!!!????  Apparently not as this is whats going on in the schools today! very scary!!

by on May. 8, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lady-J-Rock
by Niki on May. 8, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Wtf, knives brought to school is a no go. it's immediate send home from school. Here it's you go to the school  near your home.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on May. 8, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Our district has zones, the only way to go to a different school is to lie or move. 

The exception is if you need services that the school can't do, or moving in late, and being "dsplaced"

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 8:34 PM
MLS ID: 3302642
Near me. ;)
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 8:42 PM
What's MLS ID?

Quoting SamMom912:

Near me. ;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizmarie1975
by Liz on May. 8, 2013 at 9:11 PM
My heart goes out to Nic.

Do you tell his father what happens? If yes, what is his response? I'm pretty sure I don't want to know the answer...

If I had room, I'd take him...
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Not here. Its crazy what they do here

Quoting lady-J-Rock:

Wtf, knives brought to school is a no go. it's immediate send home from school. Here it's you go to the school  near your home.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Yes, he knows. And yes, youre correct in assuming you dont want yo know.
I just feel so bad for Nichols. Life shouldn't be so difficult at 12!!

Quoting lizmarie1975:

My heart goes out to Nic.

Do you tell his father what happens? If yes, what is his response? I'm pretty sure I don't want to know the answer...

If I had room, I'd take him...but he wouldn't go to MLS, he'd go to CB.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on May. 8, 2013 at 9:18 PM

listing ID for a home for sale.

Quoting Cecelia712:

What's MLS ID?

Quoting SamMom912:

Near me. ;)

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on May. 8, 2013 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SamMom912:

Near me. ;)

I fell in love with it. 

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:30 PM
2 moms liked this
Cece- move! Bring your kids here! You know id watch your kids for you! :)
Hug... For nic. Life should not b so scary complicated at 12!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)