Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

I was not the customer to mess with

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 3:36 PM
  • 10 Replies

So far I have been told a wonderful variety of things:

-That I upgraded the lenses to the top of the line (why would I? esp. when I was asking what will my insurance cover?)

-That i had to pay for scratch resistance coating (why is this an option for children) which only totals $19.94

Just stear clear of Empire (soon to be Davis Vision Works) unless you are doing their $99 complete deal (or whatever they call it)

by on May. 10, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on May. 10, 2013 at 3:38 PM

and it can't be read!

Totals:
Billed $269.89
Allowed $239.87
Other ins $0
Paid $239.87

member responsibility (not covered, Deductible, Copay, coinsurance $0) an

My reciept says that my total was $214.92 and they were expecting &177.95 from insurance and I am responsible for $36.97 which is somehow the $19.94 scratch coating.

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Were they able to explain why you were being charged nearly double?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Now Im no math genius... And obviously neither are they! Wtf? 

What did they say when you called them on it? 

Kimmiky
by Kimmiky on May. 10, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Ugh. What a mess.
Jillysmom
by Adele on May. 10, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Did they say why?

powow65
by Kim on May. 10, 2013 at 6:34 PM
IMO, I like Americans best (2glasses for $80.00) they say $69.00 but taxes & fee's, so add it up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on May. 10, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Empire is saying that it doesn't matter, they are classified differently than a Dr;'s office and even though they are an in network provider they can charge me the difference between what they bill and the insurance covers. 

A friend of mine did the math and said if you add in the discounts (apparently all BC/BS customers get a 25% discount) the math adds up.

Empire still says I had ordered "premium" lenses... apparently, the lightweight lenses only come "premium" and the insurance company paid whatever ofr them....

Okay, why don't they bill..... $ for frames, $50 for exam, and $ for lenses? Why 4 lines for lenses and frames? 

Why do you NOT tell me that the lightweight lenses are NOT covered by insurance? Why do you TELL me that I am paying for the scratch resistance coating (that is actually part of the lenses?)....

YEt.... if all of that is the case...why doesn't Blue Cross have a clue? Blue Cross says I should have paid NOTHING? 

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on May. 10, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Quoting SamMom912:

Now Im no math genius... And obviously neither are they! Wtf? 

What did they say when you called them on it? 

In the past I have gotten a check from them in July-ish saying the over charged me always for the full amount of what I spent.

Yet, I still ask for only what my insurance will cover. They are only in glasses for a year.... then they need a new eye exam, and new RX

lady-J-Rock
by Niki on May. 10, 2013 at 9:42 PM

what a Pita.

elwalters77
by Erica on May. 10, 2013 at 10:10 PM
I hate having to clean up other people's messes and do their jobs for them! What a PITA!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)