Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Contractor convo

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:45 AM
  • 14 Replies
Our contractor andrew has a few immigrant workers that dont speak a lot if english. They r nice men, with little kids, and i know them from when we did the house addition/renovation.

We called Andrew last september about our back deck. It needs staining and some attention. Then the hurricaine came- and people around here didnt have a roof, or had trees on their houses- so my deck wasnt as important, then winter... Now still not spring ( it was 52 the other am! Brrrr)

I get a call from Andrew, one of his guys will b here tuesday.

Yesterday i get a text:
miss scarlett rain coming. Deck.
I respond: theres some prep work to do. Did you want to do that before the rain.
Yes. Been there at 2.
I text back at 12:30. Its raining pretty hard here. Should we just plan on tomorrow?
Response. Yes.
Me: what time tomorrow?
Him: See you F.

So... Have no ida if he is coming today or does F mean friday?
Lol...

Its like there is language barrier even with text! Hahaha

by on May. 29, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on May. 29, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I don't know...... 

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, I think its another laguage. LOL I have a call into Andrew...

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

I don't know...... 

lizmarie1975
by Liz on May. 29, 2013 at 10:15 AM

I'm not a big fan of contractors right now. I'm still pretty annoyed that the one contractor who said he was going to put together a proposal never sent it even after a follow up. I'm tempted to leave a bad review on HomeAdvisor...which is where I got their number and where they have nothing but good reviews.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Its tough.. tough to deal with. Absolutely.
Let me know if you want me to ask my friend for other names.

Quoting lizmarie1975:

I'm not a big fan of contractors right now. I'm still pretty annoyed that the one contractor who said he was going to put together a proposal never sent it even after a follow up. I'm tempted to leave a bad review on HomeAdvisor...which is where I got their number and where they have nothing but good reviews.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on May. 29, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Thanks. Maybe in a couple of weeks. Right now I'm dealing with the Dept of Health trying to get the original septic plans...you know...from 1968. Fun.

Quoting SamMom912:

Quoting lizmarie1975:

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Health dept sucks. In Kisco? Ugh... I hated them too... we needed approved plans for the addition/ reno in 08. they were miserable to deal with. Man who needed to approve drawings from our architect as he was unrolling the blue prints looked at me and said.. "I can squash your dreams right now, what do you have here?" before checking out the plans.... DICK.

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Thanks. Maybe in a couple of weeks. Right now I'm dealing with the Dept of Health trying to get the original septic plans...you know...from 1968. Fun.

Quoting SamMom912:

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Emschick38
by Ali on May. 29, 2013 at 10:26 AM
2 moms liked this

It is better than recieving this text (다음문장 롯데)

lizmarie1975
by Liz on May. 29, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Gah. Seriously? The lady that I spoke with was pleasant enough. Well, I just faxed over the form. Guess we'll hear back in 2 weeks. This project is going to take all summer.

Quoting SamMom912:

Health dept sucks. In Kisco? Ugh... I hated them too... we needed approved plans for the addition/ reno in 08. they were miserable to deal with. Man who needed to approve drawings from our architect as he was unrolling the blue prints looked at me and said.. "I can squash your dreams right now, what do you have here?" before checking out the plans.... DICK.

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting SamMom912:

Quoting lizmarie1975:

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Mostly everyone else was nice. This guy was just a power trippy... in the end, plans were modified a bit and approved.

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Gah. Seriously? The lady that I spoke with was pleasant enough. Well, I just faxed over the form. Guess we'll hear back in 2 weeks. This project is going to take all summer.

Quoting SamMom912:

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting SamMom912:

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Kimmiky
by Kimmiky on May. 29, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Ha. I love that he calls you miss Scarlett.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)