Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

It's Friday!

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Liz
  • 21 Replies

What's going on this weekend, ladies?

by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Today I have to pick Nathanael up from the train station...he was upstate for a concert. Then Naiya has gymnastics. My SD's plane gets in around 8:00 so DH will take Nadir when he goes to pick her up. I'm not telling Naiya. I'll let it be a surprise when SD walks in later tonight.

Tomorrow is guitar lessons for Nathanael. DH is taking Nadir to Monster Jam in NJ. They have pit passes so they'll leave here around 3:30 or so.

Sunday...who knows. Nothing really. Maybe we'll take the little ones to the farm.

I'm sure my MIL will show up tomorrow.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I've got a half a day today.  Yay for Summer Fridays!

We're leaving tomorrow morning to go to Lancaster till Monday to go see Thomas and just hang out.  I can't wait!

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

We're leaving tomorrow morning to go to Lancaster till Monday to go see Thomas and just hang out.  I can't wait!

Hmmm...I don't recall seeing an email from my company about Summer Fridays. Of course, working from home I tend not to pay attention to the announcements.

Enjoy! You're going to see Thomas?! I was supposed to go but with our septic tank issue, I couldn't justify the costs of hotel rooms. Maybe we'll go next year. Have fun!

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Hmmm...I don't recall seeing an email from my company about Summer Fridays. Of course, working from home I tend not to pay attention to the announcements.

Enjoy! You're going to see Thomas?! I was supposed to go but with our septic tank issue, I couldn't justify the costs of hotel rooms. Maybe we'll go next year. Have fun!

OMG I wish I could work from home!  Our company is stingy on Summer Friday though - we only get 4 Summer Fridays and it's only for half a day. 

Yes, we're taking DD to see Thomas.  We're excited.  I love Lancaster and grew up going there almost every Summer. 

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

OMG I wish I could work from home!  Our company is stingy on Summer Friday though - we only get 4 Summer Fridays and it's only for half a day. 

Yes, we're taking DD to see Thomas.  We're excited.  I love Lancaster and grew up going there almost every Summer. 

Darn. What day are you going? I was supposed to go to tomorrow's 11:15 ride but sold my tickets. Dude, imagine if we could have met up there. Two NY Moms on CM meeting up in Lancaster for the first time. Classic. Next year!

Ours start the Friday after Memorial Day...or at least they did. I'm pretty sure we still have them as I haven't heard anyone complaining.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Darn. What day are you going? I was supposed to go to tomorrow's 11:15 ride but sold my tickets. Dude, imagine if we could have met up there. Two NY Moms on CM meeting up in Lancaster for the first time. Classic. Next year!

Ours start the Friday after Memorial Day...or at least they did. I'm pretty sure we still have them as I haven't heard anyone complaining.

LOL!  That would've been cool.

We actually have tickets for 11:15 for Sunday.  We figured that since we'd be coming in on Saturday (it's about a 3 hour drive), we'd take it easy and just hang out by the pool or go exploring. 

Summer Fridays start Memorial Day weekend for us, but we're only give 4 of these stupid half days to use throughout the Summer.  So, we really have to pick and choose our days.  It'd kinda crappy to be honest with you because it's just being stingy.  I work in media and most media companies either close early or aren't around on Fridays in the Summer so we don't do anything on Fridays around here.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

We actually have tickets for 11:15 for Sunday.  We figured that since we'd be coming in on Saturday (it's about a 3 hour drive), we'd take it easy and just hang out by the pool or go exploring. 

Summer Fridays start Memorial Day weekend for us, but we're only give 4 of these stupid half days to use throughout the Summer.  So, we really have to pick and choose our days.  It'd kinda crappy to be honest with you because it's just being stingy.  I work in media and most media companies either close early or aren't around on Fridays in the Summer so we don't do anything on Fridays around here.

I work in publishing! Summer Fridays are half day but they run up until Labor Day. We have to make up the hours during the week though. Some people work an extra 7 hours into two weeks and take off an entire Friday every other week.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

I work in publishing! Summer Fridays are half day but they run up until Labor Day. We have to make up the hours during the week though. Some people work an extra 7 hours into two weeks and take off an entire Friday every other week.

With my last company, we got 8 full Summer Fridays off and we chose which Fridays you can take.  It roughly worked out to every other Friday just about throughout the Summer.  It was nice.  I don't know why they are so stingy about it here though.  I really can't complain since we pretty much just come and go as we please.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

With my last company, we got 8 full Summer Fridays off and we chose which Fridays you can take.  It roughly worked out to every other Friday just about throughout the Summer.  It was nice.  I don't know why they are so stingy about it here though.  I really can't complain since we pretty much just come and go as we please.

Media...as in books? If so, shoot me a message with your company name. I'm curious.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Media...as in books? If so, shoot me a message with your company name. I'm curious.

Media as in movies and tv.  I wanted to originally get into publishing, so I'm kinda jealous of you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)