Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often do you go grocery shopping?

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:13 AM
  • 15 Replies

How often do you go grocery shopping?

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuLuRex
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:13 AM

I go once a week sometime over the weekend.

elwalters77
by Erica on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Usually about once a week
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:23 AM

I have 4 sons, and a 6 yr old girl

I am always at the grocery store for something, or having John stop for something.... and I mean always!

I do one big trip on either Friday or Saturday.

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I'm more of an as needed shopper. I maybe go major grocery shopping a couple times a month.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 time a week. Occasionally i will need something i have forgotten, or something someone wants ( FIL was coming for dinner and requested steak) but i had not planned that- so needed to run to store...
But mostly only Once a week- i hate the "stupidmarket" call it that nit super... As there is nothing super about it. Lol
valerie1012
by New Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:52 PM

i'm in target and/or pathmark at least once a week...but it kinda feels like i'm in there more than that. i'm obsessed with target so i could be in there just to be in there more than once a week lol

Bethy16
by Beth on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:19 PM
I used to go every day because I couldn't figure out what to make for dinner. Now I try to make a menu and go once a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Thats what I do now.. Ive gotten pretty good at planning my week around  the flyer (sale stuff) and whats in the freezer. I use to easily spend about 180 every time.. today I spent 109... and you know i LOVE to cook and love to eat well..
tonight I am grilling 2 bone in chicken breasts (out of freezer from sale 2 weeks ago) and making salad for hubby as Im golfing.
tomorrow Im taking the meat off the 2 chicken breasts that go uneaten tonight and making enchiladas. Wednesday Im making turkey burgers, sweet potatos and asparagus
Thursday the the other half if the ground turkey Im doing turkey meatballs with pasta and sauce.
Friday I try to make left over day to clean out the fridge. Hubby HATES leftovers... but he hates to throw out food as well... LOL
Saturday out to eat..
Sunday, Im having a party here (again) so Im hitting the store again Saturday. :P

Now, I will mst likely mix it up so we arent eating turkey 2 days and chicken 2 days in a row-- but you get the idea. I got a lot of great ideas from the food network 10 meals...

Quoting Bethy16:

I used to go every day because I couldn't figure out what to make for dinner. Now I try to make a menu and go once a week.

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:16 PM
i do one big shop a week, then usually run in. another 3x during the week for milk or fruits and veggies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
buffalove23
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:24 PM
I go on Sundays. Occasionally I'll stop in the middle of the week if I forgot something or run out of something.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)