Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Confession Tuesday

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:21 AM
Liz
  • 9 Replies
Time to spill it!
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 6:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lish2127
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Another cat issue...(in addition to the dead one under our deck recently)

In the past couple years we've noticed that a couple items in our garage smelled like pee, but figured the few times our garage door was open for more than a min or two a cat must have went in and peed in there. We have a neighbor that leaves her garage door open about 4 inches so her cats can go in there...and the other cats in the neighborhood. I know the pee is not from our cat because he's very rarely in there long enough to do that, plus he always uses his litter box and is nuetered so no spraying. The cats in our neighborhood pee/spray all over our yard, fence, deck, garbage can, etc....GRRRRRR. 

So during our garage sale prep, the smell was just overwhelming. We realized that there was a whole bunch of old poop piles behind the motorcycle in our garage. DH finally informed me that he's noticed not one, BUT 2 cats run out of our garage before. Once when he was out there doing something and one time when he opened the garage door one went running out like it had been in there for a long time. He never told me this!!! So I'm guessing when our garage door was open a cat snuck in and then got locked in there for who knows how long, but there were enough piles for a week. There are no holes or anywhere for them to get in other than the door being open.

Yesterday I saw a cat who is ALWAYS in our yard shaking his butt spraying all over our trash can that was out at the curb for garbage day.....what the heck?!?! It's driving me nuts. I have no idea whose cat it is either.

elwalters77
by Erica on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Wow. Either we've all been mighty good, or we're still out being mighty bad, or we were too bad to admit to anything! LOL

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:22 PM

bat cave! is where you find my major mother-in-law related rant

I have been getting ready for two grad parties. 

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:14 PM
I started Christmas shopping. Naiya's stocking is pretty much done. I started the boys and I have a couple of presents stored away. I feel it's kind of early but I hit some good sales that I couldn't pass up.
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Quoting lizmarie1975:

I started Christmas shopping. Naiya's stocking is pretty much done. I started the boys and I have a couple of presents stored away. I feel it's kind of early but I hit some good sales that I couldn't pass up.

I always have gifts by now. Heck I had gifts Dec 26th for people! 

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I've gone overboard in previous years. This year, I'm scaling back in a major way. These kids don't need anything. Naiya is getting a tv mounted to her wall. She may get a couple of smaller gifts but that's it. The tv that Nathanael has has dropped dramatically since we bought his so she'll be getting the same one.

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:31 PM

We scaled back years ago! Back when Johnny was 4...... My SIL was his major supplier. 
Now they know that we need to pay Santa and they need to ask carefully, because it has to be something they really want. Lists rarely total more thn $50 for the big ones, and yes, that may mean one lousey video game... lol 

Quoting lizmarie1975:

I've gone overboard in previous years. This year, I'm scaling back in a major way. These kids don't need anything. Naiya is getting a tv mounted to her wall. She may get a couple of smaller gifts but that's it. The tv that Nathanael has has dropped dramatically since we bought his so she'll be getting the same one.

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:39 PM
I am tired, cranky and hot.
Giuliana kept me uptill 5 am last night! Then had a busy day w the kids, and it was 1 diaster after another.
My confession is I need a day out! I'm so tired of cranky crying kids and non stop errands.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lady-J-Rock
by Niki on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:56 PM
I'm sleeping in a big tent all by myself. Hannah and her friend are sleeping in the little tent. The two younger kids and Derek are sleeping inside.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)