Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthday ideas...

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:52 PM
  • 17 Replies
Hes 7... Im all out of ideas. Lol..
We have about 7-8 friends to invite.
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:55 PM
I thought about a big inflatable movie screen... Maybe despicable me 1?
In the yard... Roast marshmallows... Popcorn?
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Mobile Photo

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Im not sure if 7-8 year old boys would b interested...
lizmarie1975
by Liz on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Naiya went to a party like that. When I went to pick her up she wasn't even watching the movie. Of course, Naiya has the attention span of a gnat.

What about wacky inflatables? Or there's a video game thing that comes to your house...it's a truck.
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Never had a kid Party so don't know. You're having it at your house?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:56 PM

The vido game thing bus that cmes to the house is big... Bigger then what 7-8 kids.. Like 15 kids I think... But I should look into it. Thanks for the reminder... 

Wacky inflatables... Meh... Too unstructured ( which is what Im afraid of with the movie)... And nothing that I think Sam would be interested in. i had a bounce house when he was 2... It poured. Lol 

Quoting lizmarie1975:

Naiya went to a party like that. When I went to pick her up she wasn't even watching the movie. Of course, Naiya has the attention span of a gnat.

What about wacky inflatables? Or there's a video game thing that comes to your house...it's a truck.

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:58 PM

I dont NEED to have it at the house... But I could. I wouldnt really care if 7-8 boys were over... i just want something for them to do. 

I dont want to do video games we have- cause they are very winner /loser.. And we only have 4 wii remotes.. Which means sme kids would have to sit out. That doesn't work either... Some of sams friends have trouble waiting their turn too... Just the excitement...  so I dont need that kind of challenge. Lol

Quoting Cecelia712:

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Bounce U??
Bowling?
I'd hate having that many kids over!

Quoting SamMom912:

I dont NEED to have it at the house... But I could. I wouldnt really care if 7-8 boys were over... i just want something for them to do. 

I dont want to do video games we have- cause they are very winner /loser.. And we only have 4 wii remotes.. Which means sme kids would have to sit out. That doesn't work either... Some of sams friends have trouble waiting their turn too... Just the excitement...  so I dont need that kind of challenge. Lol

Quoting Cecelia712:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myloveynK
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:06 PM

We did something like this, but we instead rented the biggest TV screen we could from rent a center. It was for Cars 2. The invitations were mock up movie tickets I made up and printed, they brought that to "get into the movie".  I had everyone decorate a fabric wallet with fabric markers when they got there and gave them each play money. In the kitchen we set up a counter type thing so they could come up and order and on a chalk board I wrote down things "for sale" (corndogs, popcorn, pizza, cotton candy, juice, soda, etc) with prices. And after they were done buying things they would go sit down for the movie. When everyone was sitting we started the movie and they would come up during the movie to buy more stuff! I had them each bring a blanket and pillow and 1/2 way through the movie the "concession stand" closed so we could set up for cake and ice cream, the movie was paused, potty breaks, wash hands and face, trash clean up and I pulled up the tarp that I had on the rug, that's when I let them use the blankets and pillows (before that I thought they would make a big mess)! When the movie was over they came into the dining room to sing happy birthday with cake and ice cream and around that time the parents began coming to pick them up! It was cute, my son liked it and his friends still have the wallets! I used www.birthdaypartyideas.com. I went through and read all of them and just tailored the stuff I liked to make my own! I hope that this helps! They have just about every theme on there and I always use it for my DS's parties! My son was turning 7 when we did this party so his friends ranged from 6-8 and the parents all say they enjoyed themselves! 

Quoting SamMom912:

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Cute!

We have a 60" in family room, and 2 48" in bedroom and playroom...
Its why i thought the outdoor "drive in" would b cute.
But a friend mentioned mosquitios... And now im back to sq 1.
Some of these boys are on the spectrum; adhd; sensory issues...
Im still wondering if the "movie" is structure enough...

Quoting myloveynK:

We did something like this, but we instead rented the biggest TV screen we could from rent a center. It was for Cars 2. The invitations were mock up movie tickets I made up and printed, they brought that to "get into the movie".  I had everyone decorate a fabric wallet with fabric markers when they got there and gave them each play money. In the kitchen we set up a counter type thing so they could come up and order and on a chalk board I wrote down things "for sale" (corndogs, popcorn, pizza, cotton candy, juice, soda, etc) with prices. And after they were done buying things they would go sit down for the movie. When everyone was sitting we started the movie and they would come up during the movie to buy more stuff! I had them each bring a blanket and pillow and 1/2 way through the movie the "concession stand" closed so we could set up for cake and ice cream, the movie was paused, potty breaks, wash hands and face, trash clean up and I pulled up the tarp that I had on the rug, that's when I let them use the blankets and pillows (before that I thought they would make a big mess)! When the movie was over they came into the dining room to sing happy birthday with cake and ice cream and around that time the parents began coming to pick them up! It was cute, my son liked it and his friends still have the wallets! I used www.birthdaypartyideas.com. I went through and read all of them and just tailored the stuff I liked to make my own! I hope that this helps! They have just about every theme on there and I always use it for my DS's parties! My son was turning 7 when we did this party so his friends ranged from 6-8 and the parents all say they enjoyed themselves! 

Quoting SamMom912:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)