Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

hi

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 8:12 AM
  • 8 Replies

I am from New York, Hope everyone is doing well. I am 39 a mom I have a 14 year old and nice to be on a sight like this. I am on the lower east side not far from the south street sea part, But I grew up on the upper west side a block from central park west.

by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Bethy16
by Beth on Oct. 8, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Hi I am beth and I am on LI. My husband also grew up on the upper west side over by Morning heights. When we first met he also lived a block or so away from the park. We had great times when we were dating and first together walking my dog through the park. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Hi.  Welcome!

I'm from Queens/LI.  I work in SOHO.  Is Southstreet Seaport completely up again?  I know they closed down after Sandy because of damage.

familyof3nyc
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Hi. Their was so much damage down here, we no longer have pathmark. The South street sea port is open, and their are some new places that are coming. However a few restaurants are no longer open. It is still pretty nice during the weekend. I hope that the Christmas carol group returns this year.

familyof3nyc
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 8:52 AM

I grew up on the upper west side as a kid, And yes I do remember Central park  and the great lawn. God how I miss that area so much, and so much to do and see. The lower east side I do not care for. I have been here 4 years and I do not like it, but I do enjoy the village and the history here and the trendy clothing shops and marks place as well.

familyof3nyc
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 8:53 AM

PS Hi Beth, I am Charisse nice to meet you.

Mom2BandCJ
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Welcome to the group!  I'm Susan.  I grew up near the 59th St Bridge an now live in the Hudson Valley, NY.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Welcome, I am up near Syracuse.

MotherOfTWINS09
by Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Hiya I'm Sharon, I'm on LONG ISLAND, we go to the city often with our TWIN boys ( 3 1/2yr), we have family that live there..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)