Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

E.N.T.

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Liz
  • 8 Replies
The pediatrician wants me to take Naseem to the ENT. He has random nosebleeds during the night and when he has a cold, the nosebleeds can be pretty bad (again, only at night). The other night he woke up crying about "boogers" and when I went in his room the blood was running down his face and onto his neck. She said that there could be a blood vessel that needs to be cauterized. It's only one nostril and even now there is dried blood in his nose even though it's been two nights since he had his last nosebleed. I think it's a slow trickle of blood that dries before it runs out if his nose.
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Ok, well the ENT will def be a good one to see since yuck, nosebleeds, no fun. Hope he isnt scared by them, or upset. 

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Do you know of a good one?

Quoting SamMom912:

Ok, well the ENT will def be a good one to see since yuck, nosebleeds, no fun. Hope he isnt scared by them, or upset. 

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:16 PM

sam saw Keller at MKMG for his tongue tie and surgery as a baby. He was nice. Seemed knowledgable. 

I dont know if thats a raving reccomendation, but... If you want, I can ask around to some GFs, see if anyone has visited someone they LLLOVED. 

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Garrett is the same way. He has a vessel close to the surface that dries out and bleeds easily.
So far the ENT hasn't done anything.
You can try a thin coat if aqua..... I need to look in the morning, or the saline gel that little remedies makes to help keep it from drying out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:44 PM
G has this annoying habit of making a sniffle noise all freaking day!!! He sounds like a freaking coke addict!! I was thinking of calling his dr for an appointment for that.
Hope all goes well at ENT for you guys
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizmarie1975
by Liz on Dec. 31, 2013 at 8:13 AM
I'll have to look when I'm in CVS next time. I was reading and the procedure sounds painful
And I don't know that I'd want to put Naseem through tha.

Quoting Mom2jngnc: Garrett is the same way. He has a vessel close to the surface that dries out and bleeds easily.

You can try a thin coat if aqua..... I need to look in the morning, or the saline gel that little remedies makes to help keep it from drying out.
suetoo
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Does he sleep with a humidifier? That might help. DH has same problem. He uses saline spray a lot, too. His nose was packed once and cauterized with medicinal something dabbed on with a Q tip the day they took the packing out. Fixed it. ENT a good idea. Ask your regular dr or favorite nurse who they would see. Hugs,

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Aquaphor healing oinment made by Eucerin.

A friend of mine who works (or is it worked, I can't keep track) had told me about for Johnny's bloody noses.

Quoting lizmarie1975: I'll have to look when I'm in CVS next time. I was reading and the procedure sounds painful
And I don't know that I'd want to put Naseem through tha.

Quoting Mom2jngnc: Garrett is the same way. He has a vessel close to the surface that dries out and bleeds easily.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)