Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holy crap on a cracker!

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:10 PM
Liz
  • 4 Replies

One of the H.S. asst principals just called me. Nathanael was in a bit of scuffle at school this morning.

The agreed upon part of the story is that Nathanael was sitting in the back of music room working independently when another student approached him and asked him if he could have the chair that Nathanael was in so he could work on the computer that was there. Nathanael said no and the kid tried to take the chair from him.

Nathanael says that the kid swung first and he defended himself. He ended up with a swollen lip before someone broke it up. The other kid says Nathanael swung first. There was no adult in the room so no one knows the actual story.

I am having trouble processing the idea that Nathanael swung first. For one...he's my kid, lol. Secondly, he's not an aggressive child...at all. I mean, he's never been in a physical fight.

He's on his way home now. The asst principal says that he's upset because the kid was someone Nathanael considered a friend.

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:28 PM

Heck, we all hit when we are pushed to our limits. I know if someone tried to physically remove me from a chair I was sitting on I may hit their hand, or try to physically brush them off asking WTF man I was sitting on that? 

Id ask Nathanial withnout any penalty to be open and honest. No punishement, no nothing.. Just honest.. S you can talk about better ways to handle the situation. 

I totally get it... If some guy said to me, can I have that chair and I said no.. That means no.. Could I have said it sooo snotty that he was offended and got pissed so he swung at me.. You bet. Lol.. 

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SamMom912:

Heck, we all hit when we are pushed to our limits. I know if someone tried to physically remove me from a chair I was sitting on I may hit their hand, or try to physically brush them off asking WTF man I was sitting on that? 

Id ask Nathanial withnout any penalty to be open and honest. No punishement, no nothing.. Just honest.. S you can talk about better ways to handle the situation. 

I totally get it... If some guy said to me, can I have that chair and I said no.. That means no.. Could I have said it sooo snotty that he was offended and got pissed so he swung at me.. You bet. Lol.. 

Nathanael says he didn't swing at all because he knows that if you swing, you get suspended.

He just kept shoving the kid to get him away from him.

They share two classes together and they weren't allowed to be in them together today. Because Nathanael sustained an injury to his mouth, he was kept in the nurses office. He went to Math class and went to get lunch and brought it back to the nurse's office.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:49 PM

The best part is that the other kid does not belong in the classroom in the morning. I guess he has first period free so he goes to use the computer whereas Nathanael has permission to use the room. So tomorrow, Nathanael can go to the class but the kid is no longer allowed in the room.

Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:44 PM
Wow. Im sorry he had to deal with that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)