Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another one bites the dust

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:24 AM
  • 18 Replies
Another snow day!
Yesterday, today, he has break ALL next week!
14 days in Dec..
10 days in Feb!
Ahhhhh!
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:18 AM
We were off yesterday and today as well.
Next week should be n the 40s so hopefully some snow melts.
The snow banks lining my driveway are now taller than my 6'2 husband!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittc789
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:21 AM
Here too! my dd now has 11 days off and she is not happy at all! I'm sure by Monday she will be driving me insane lol
lish2127
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:05 PM

We've used our 5 snow days up and most of them were for the cold. We just had a 2 hr delay today. They were finally plowing our streets right when the bus came at almost 11am. It really seems like they have been home way more than they've been in school this year.

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:35 PM

We have only had 3 snow days. Apparently we have 1 more to use. 

No delay, no nothing this morning because it was only a 1/2 day anyway district wide.

lizmarie1975
by Liz on Feb. 14, 2014 at 3:06 PM

We used a snow day yesterday and now have to make up two.

We were off today as part of the district calendar and have off on Monday & Tuesday, going back Wednesday (also as part of the district calendar)

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:43 PM

Y eah, i have some freinds in your district.. Im jealous. I counted today, we have missed 8 days, and had 6 delays and 1 early dismissal! Crazy! 

Quoting lizmarie1975:

We used a snow day yesterday and now have to make up two.

We were off today as part of the district calendar and have off on Monday & Tuesday, going back Wednesday (also as part of the district calendar)

Kmary
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:29 PM

We got almost a foot (an unexpected foot at that--was supposed to just be a few inches up here) and my kids just had a delay.  So funny seeing the variation from region to region in regards snow amounts and snow days.  I mean, I realize that Syracuse is accustomed to a LOT more snow than downstate, so it only makes sense.  So I'm not criticizing or teasing other areas at all.  Just funny to see the variation.  Speaking of which, you know you've lived in Syracuse your whole life when an almost foot of snow doesn't prompt you to check to see if school is delayed or canceled.  Thank goodness my friend/neighbor texted me about the delay.  I would've been out at the bus stop with Garrick 2 hours early!

lish2127
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Did you see this article on syracuse.com that shows how many snow days for cny schools? I think it's strange Pulaski, Mexico, Watertown, etc still have snow days left yet a lot of schools down here are out of days

Quoting Kmary:

We got almost a foot (an unexpected foot at that--was supposed to just be a few inches up here) and my kids just had a delay.  So funny seeing the variation from region to region in regards snow amounts and snow days.  I mean, I realize that Syracuse is accustomed to a LOT more snow than downstate, so it only makes sense.  So I'm not criticizing or teasing other areas at all.  Just funny to see the variation.  Speaking of which, you know you've lived in Syracuse your whole life when an almost foot of snow doesn't prompt you to check to see if school is delayed or canceled.  Thank goodness my friend/neighbor texted me about the delay.  I would've been out at the bus stop with Garrick 2 hours early!

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:57 AM

Hmmmm, i guessing that your area is just less "sue" happt then ours. There are 7 lawsuits pending against a neighboring district for a bus accident in a light snow fall this past dec.. ( no child was seriously hurt, but bumps, bruises, sprains, etc) and our district has 3 law suits pending for silly stuff too (no bus/weather realted accidents) we are VERY hilly here.. Not a lot of flat ground at all..and side roads are narrow... :) 

Quoting Kmary:

Wyldbutterfly
by Snow Bunny on Feb. 16, 2014 at 9:41 AM

I'm just glad it's someone elese finally getting all of the snow!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)