Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Issues with the Bus Driver *update in red*

Posted by   + Show Post

My son is 5 and attends a special education preschool about 30 minutes away.  He is bussed by a transportation company which is paid for by the county. 

I have been having issues with his bus driver ( and aid ) for a few months now and this morning really tipped me over the edge and now I'm pissed.

My son's school was one of the schools who had originally scheduled today as a day off, but due to having too many snow days, they had to take this day off back.  So, this morning, the roads were icy, my son was taking a little longer to get out to the bus and I'm walking up to the bus, holding his back pack and i'm about to apologize when the driver SNATCHES the back out of my hands and says to me, "We'll be here RIGHT after he gets out, because HE'S our ONLY child today!"

For months i;ve been biting my tongue and not complaining about her practically peeling out of my driveway because my son took to long to get to the bus ( they are required to wait for three minutes), or blocking the doorway because he wants to skip steps down EVEN WHEN I'M STANDING RIGHT THERE....and just otherwise always being super snotty and unpleasant to me! GOd only knows how they treat my child when i'm NOT there!

Ive been holding my tongue for a while now because i dont want to have to deal with any kind of retaliation but i feel really upset and i dont know if i should speak up or try to figure something out for the remaining few months of school

So, I never formally complained, nor did I unformally compalin because I just think that a confrontation would just make matters worse and create tension where there doesn't need to be any more tension. I have though, become more vocal about things however, and recently ... His bus showed up nearly fifteen minutes late and I apologized to the bus driver and she apologized to me because I was supposedly supposed to have gotten a phone call informing me of the new time, which I didn't and I explained to her that we had been all ready and then they didn't show up for so long that he started playing, so that when they did show up I had to get him ready practically all over again and the driver and the aid were really nice about it.  So now, he's got a new time which actually works out perfect because instad of  a delay in bus times, both my kids get on the bus within minutes of each other and now that the weather has been nice, we've been just waiting outside. 

So, I'm still looking forward to the end of the year and not having to deal with these women any longer but I'm not fuming every morning either.

Thanks everyone for your advice and comments.

by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 8:34 AM
Replies (11-14):
Jillysmom
Went to up date Jillian's picture and lost all my kids somehow?
Yesterday at 11:17 AM
by Adele on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:30 AM
Glad things worked out
Kmary
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Glad to hear of the positive update!

Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Apr. 21, 2014 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this

glad to hear things straightened out

redheadstar
by New Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 1:31 PM

When I lived in Queens, ny and when my child was young ( he is SN) I had an issue with an aide, make a long story short after getting my ds off the bus with a dirty face (aid said he was let on the bus like that...lie)  I complained to everybody- Bus supervisor, school Principal, Teacher, anybody involved got told by me... after 2 days, the aid apologized and not longer after she was g-o-n-e

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)