Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New York Moms New York Moms

Lake George Vacation

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 10:52 PM
  • 8 Replies

Has anyone ever been there?  Is it a good place for small kids?  Can anyone recommend a nice place to stay on the lake?  Thanks!!

by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Kimmiky
by Kimmiky on Mar. 23, 2014 at 10:12 AM

I have never been there, but I know several people who enjoyed a summer up there...none of them had small children though, they were teens or adults.  And the teenagers that i knew were working up there, so I don't know if that helps at all.

pinkfairy0206
by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 10:15 AM
I think it depends on where you go. We went before we had kids we were both very young just 18 lol...it was a big party the whole time. I remember it being very beautiful. But you have to find a good spot.
Cecelia712
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 11:46 AM
There's an amusement park up there, great escape i think. The kids would like that probably, but its expensive.
Otherwise, its not really for small kids in my opinion.
Its a nice town to walk around. But very expensive
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Stephannie on Mar. 23, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Have been there a few times, avoid early June, it is Americade week...... bikers. 

We go for Americade... anything by the lake will be expensive. We camped at Riverside Pines the  years we went...but it was out of town a bit. Last time we stayed they were turning most sites over to "park your RV for the season" and had grately cut back on the actual avail. sites.

starinmysky
by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Thanks for the advice everyone!!

SamMom912
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:39 PM

We stayed at the sagamore, but would not bring kids or stay there again. it was lovely, but costly. We have also rented a house on the lake (as friends of friends owned it at the time) we didnt have sam at the time... 

I think its an ok villiage. The lake is nice.. But it always seems incredibly crowded  I prefer lake placid over lake george. 

RCHOUDH
by Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I've been there and I remember it being quite nice. There's a really nice boat ride families can take up the lake and there's a Six Flags theme park around there. Since we stayed at a motel that we found while driving around, I can't really remember the name of it unfortunately. Hope you have a good time while there!

Cozie_Sisika458
by New Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this
They have a few hotels right off the lake up there. Can't think of the names off the top of my head though. Lots of fun things to do, beach, the boat rides (big ones mini ha ha they offer lunch or dinner) individual boat rentals. Mini golf places, arcades, indoor water park, water slide world, six flags. Lots of fun for kid. I live 20 minutes from there. We go all the time my kids love it. Fireworks off the lake on Thursday and Saturday nights. Bunch of good restaurants and ice cream shops.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)